Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
As the name implies, if it is not shave related - but still pretty cool - tell us about it here.

Pics even better!

sgOPFfT.jpg

I did indeed get something cool!
Steel Will mini intrigue :)
Nice little cheap D2 steel flipper, also has cool blue anodised stand-offs.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea who considers them to actually be useful, however they typically are;
-Heavy (often too heavy)
-Pretty
-Offer a pointy tip of some description as a glass breaker.
-Almost invariably use a space pen refill.
-ideal for high speed, low drag operators such as myself.
I like pens so I agreed to take a look but the TWSBI Eco is my current favourite pen FWIW.

sgOPFfT.jpg

I did indeed get something cool!
Steel Will mini intrigue :)
Nice little cheap D2 steel flipper, also has cool blue anodised stand-offs.
Flipper? Like flick - which I thought was illegal? Well that's what customs said about one knife I tried to import anyway.

Flipper? Like flick - which I thought was illegal? Well that's what customs said about one knife I tried to import anyway.
Nope, your flip knives like the balisong remain illegal I think (haven’t checked as im not coordinated enough to use em anyway) but the flipper is just a one hand open, Applying pressure to the flipper tab allows you to overcome the detent and the knife flys open totally unassisted.

I’m interested in what makes a pen ‘tactical’

Mil Spec - can be used to pen a treatise, or put through someones throat while doing 'recco' in a silent take down I'm guessing.

Nope, your flip knives like the balisong remain illegal I think (haven’t checked as im not coordinated enough to use em anyway) but the flipper is just a one hand open, Applying pressure to the flipper tab allows you to overcome the detent and the knife flys open totally unassisted.

Prohibited imports.

Exception if you have a letter from your state police commissioner for the specific article.

Prohibited imports.

Exception if you have a letter from your state police commissioner for the specific article.
And yet sold everywhere.
Unless you mean the balisong?