Greetings and Gratitude

Hi All, I’m a Wet Shaver, a Story Weaver, a Banker, a Melody Maker, a Manic Traveler and a Food Lover. I’m a proud Singaporean and the three cities that are closest to my heart are Melbourne, Wellington and Osaka.

I shifted to Wet Shaving with DE Safety Razors in 2020 after a decade of bumps, ingrown hair issues and razor burn with my cartridge Razors, was the best decision I ever made. Since then it has been a journey of sorts with that search for a perfect razor leading to owning a few Razors and researching others experiences with them. The search is unending, expensive and a pure joy.

The reason I joined this group was mainly due the fantastic reviews by Errol and the wit of Speedy. The rest of the members here rock as well with their experiences and sharing them. Couldn’t think of another Shaving Community where I would feel more at home.

My favorite Razors are -
1. The Blackland Blackbird
2. The Razorock Game Changer .84-P
3. The Rockwell 6 S ( My First DE, so kept it for Sentimental Value)
4. The Lupo 95
5. The Razorock Wunderbar
6. The Parker Variant OC

Happy to be a part of Ya’all.
Hi, welcome & new here myself.
How are you finding Blackbird?
Mine on its way.
Also agree Errol’s post are invaluable.

Mine on its way.
@Sleem Buddy, I do love the Blackbird much. I had the SS version but landed up giving it to a mate. Someday, someday soon I will get a Blackbird Ti. The day I got my Stando Chors and the Aylsworth Apex SS, I found myself reaching less for the Blackbird. Having said that, I had used it exclusively for a long period of time before that as my daily driver. Beautiful Razor.

Now, I'm just waiting for @SpeedyPC to sell off his Blackbird, he's moving over to Straight razors. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Now, I'm just waiting for @SpeedyPC to sell off his Blackbird, he's moving over to Straight razors. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
my-dead.gif

Thanks Mate. I'm a huge Tele Fan mate. Got hooked onto it after watching Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt in youger days. I have a simple Tokai Tele wood finished one.

Tokai hey.. i was close to buying a Tokai Les Paul but ended up with a Epiphone

currently looking at upgrading my pickups on my american std strat, after a few weeks of searching I am more confused than ever on what to replace with

@Sleem Buddy, I do love the Blackbird much. I had the SS version but landed up giving it to a mate. Someday, someday soon I will get a Blackbird Ti. The day I got my Stando Chors and the Aylsworth Apex SS, I found myself reaching less for the Blackbird. Having said that, I had used it exclusively for a long period of time before that as my daily driver. Beautiful Razor.

Hi Bladerunner, thx for message mate.
Turns out Blackbird is just too much razor for me. Definitely appreciate a milder shave. I appreciate better quality razors for their superior clamping & blade alignment.
I would love to try Blutt .86 & thinking specs maybe more suited to my liking.
Unfortunately unavailable🙈

Mine on its way.
Absolutely wonderful shaver mate. Had one, landed up giving it away for a good reason and after more than a year got one back in the den. Mine is AS Machined and am one of the few who like Errol finds the SS version just a tad bit smoother. Oh yeah, blame this acquisition on Errol too. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mate, don't give up on the Bird. I felt it was bit rough with my first few shaves, don't add any pressure, dial in the angle, Shane has a video on it too and experiment with different blades. The Wizamet Super Iridium, Wilikinson Sword (Germany) and the Nacet work best for me in this Razor. This is what makes the Bird special, you need to experiment and fine tune it to find your sweet spot. It took me a few shaves to get there and then it was magic. The Bird is one of the smoothest shaving tools I have ever used and if you are finding it aggressive, it has a lot to do with the shaving angle and the pressure. My advice - Don't set this Bird free yet.

Hi Bladerunner, thx for message mate.
Turns out Blackbird is just too much razor for me. Definitely appreciate a milder shave. I appreciate better quality razors for their superior clamping & blade alignment.
I would love to try Blutt .86 & thinking specs maybe more suited to my liking.
Unfortunately unavailable🙈
The Blutt Rasur 1.20 that is the best. A close bud of mine uses mild to mid aggression razors and he finds the 1.20 to be smooth and gentle, it is his main shaver followed by the Karve Overlander ,The Blackie and the Lambda Athena.

Put yourself on the notification list for Blutt, you might be surprised soon enough.

Last edited:
Hi All, I’m a Wet Shaver, a Story Weaver, a Banker, a Melody Maker, a Manic Traveler and a Food Lover. I’m a proud Singaporean and the three cities that are closest to my heart are Melbourne, Wellington and Osaka.

I shifted to Wet Shaving with DE Safety Razors in 2020 after a decade of bumps, ingrown hair issues and razor burn with my cartridge Razors, was the best decision I ever made. Since then it has been a journey of sorts with that search for a perfect razor leading to owning a few Razors and researching others experiences with them. The search is unending, expensive and a pure joy.

The reason I joined this group was mainly due the fantastic reviews by Errol and the wit of Speedy. The rest of the members here rock as well with their experiences and sharing them. Couldn’t think of another Shaving Community where I would feel more at home.

My favorite Razors are -
1. The Blackland Blackbird
2. The Razorock Game Changer .84-P
3. The Rockwell 6 S ( My First DE, so kept it for Sentimental Value)
4. The Lupo 95
5. The Razorock Wunderbar
6. The Parker Variant OC

Happy to be a part of Ya’all.
@Errol is bringing all the punters in!

@Bladerunner7 any updates to your favourites list since joining?

@Errol is bringing all the punters in!

@Bladerunner7 any updates to your favourites list since joining?1. The Blackland Blackbird
The New Ones Added since I joined -
1. The Ikon Tek
2. The Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 ( I blame Senor Errol for this gratefully and Bernie for his kindness)
3. Aylsworth APEX SS ( I blame Senor Errol for this too gratefully, ha ha ha ha ha)
4. The Razorine Flatboy
5. The Ikon B1 Slant ( Errol's Influence again and I love this one to bits)
6. My First Gillette Super speed ( I owe @Vittoria for this, my friend and brother, always grateful for this gem)
7. The Bengall Straight (owe @rbscebu for this and hooking me on to straights)
8. The 2013 Muhle R41 (owe @Vittoria for this one too)
9. The Merkur 41 C (my first and again got this from @Vittoria )
10. The Lupo 95 SB (owe this to my buddy @SpeedyPC )
11. The Blackbird Ti (owe @Nanook for this, thank you for your kindness mate)

The Ones that have left the building

1. The Razorock Game Changer .84-P
2. The Rockwell 6 S
3. The Lupo 95 OC
4. The Parker Variant OC
5. The Lupo 127
6. The Wolfman Guerilla Aluminum with two base plates
7. The Karve Christopher Bradley Aluminum with D & E Plates
8. The ATT ALuminum 3 Plate set
9. The Fatip Lo Storto Gold Originale
10. The Yates Merica (Never liked this one)
11. The Blackbird SS
12. The Muhle Rocca (not a fav of mine)

The issue is that truthfully finances don't permit me to keep a huge collection and there is always a need to let something go before making way for another. Sometimes I've been lucky to trade one or two of these. It is sad that most shavers don't trade anymore. I have got quite a few of the nicest razors I have from our own P&C members who have been kind and generous and I have the deepest gratitude for that.

The New Ones Added since I joined -
1. The Ikon Tek
2. The Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 ( I blame Senor Errol for this gratefully and Bernie for his kindness)
3. Aylsworth APEX SS ( I blame Senor Errol for this too gratefully, ha ha ha ha ha)
4. The Razorine Flatboy
5. The Ikon B1 Slant ( Errol's Influence again and I love this one to bits)
6. My First Gillette Super speed ( I owe @Vittoria for this, my friend and brother, always grateful for this gem)
7. The Bengall Straight (owe @rbscebu for this and hooking me on to straights)
8. The 2013 Muhle R41 (owe @Vittoria for this one too)
9. The Merkur 41 C (my first and again got this from @Vittoria )
10. The Lupo 95 SB (owe this to my buddy @SpeedyPC )
11. The Blackbird Ti (owe @Nanook for this, thank you for your kindness mate)

The Ones that have left the building

1. The Razorock Game Changer .84-P
2. The Rockwell 6 S
3. The Lupo 95 OC
4. The Parker Variant OC
5. The Lupo 127
6. The Wolfman Guerilla Aluminum with two base plates
7. The Karve Christopher Bradley Aluminum with D & E Plates
8. The ATT ALuminum 3 Plate set
9. The Fatip Lo Storto Gold Originale
10. The Yates Merica (Never liked this one)
11. The Blackbird SS
12. The Muhle Rocca (not a fav of mine)

The issue is that truthfully finances don't permit me to keep a huge collection and there is always a need to let something go before making way for another. Sometimes I've been lucky to trade one or two of these. It is sad that most shavers don't trade anymore. I have got quite a few of the nicest razors I have from our own P&C members who have been kind and generous and I have the deepest gratitude for that.
Wow, that list has changed quite a lot! Is there any specific razor that sticks out as a solid favourite?