Greetings from a wet and miserable Canberra

Razor Burn

President of the TF Custom Brushes Fan Club
Grand Society
Da Menth Heads
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Greetings fellow members. Thanks for allowing me into your community. I have a lot of catching up to do and look forward to sharing my passion for traditional shaving with you all. Happy Shaving!

Welcome to the forum!

What is your current setup?

Don't forget to LIKE a few posts. It will get you access to the broader site at large.
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. As for my current set up. Let's just say I might have taken my interests to new extremes as I have quickly developed a knack for trying different razors. So much so that as things currently stand I own about 14 different razor combos. That includes a Rockwell 6S, Parker Variant, Edwin Jagger DE89, Merkur 34C, various PAA razors, the MingShi 2000s/QShave clones, Razor Rock Mamba and different head combo's from Maggards and iKon. My current favourite is between the Variant for its convenience and ease of use and the Merkur 34C which despite its mildness feels great in the hand which is odd because I'm used to longer handled razors?

Welcome @Razor Burn !

Oh please, please let your name be Mark!

Joined just in time to join us here - The GreatEST P&C Christmas Gathering - Canberra
Haha but sorry to disappoint you but my name isn't mark. To be frank NOT EVEN CLOSE :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your avatar, by the way. (y)
I could say the same about yours. Not a hint of any facial hair on your avatar. I can see you've mastered the art of wet shaving ;)

In that case - Hiya Frank :)
Ah ha I see what you did there. Nearly caught me out but no my name isn't Mark nor Frank or let alone Bruce. I'm simple Mr Burn. First name Razor. The kids at school used to call me Razor Rash for laughs but I never got the joke... I'll just get my coat now and bid you all a good night :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to P&C @Razor Burn - great to have you here (y)

What about your favourite brush(es) and soap(s)?

Welcome to P&C @Razor Burn - great to have you here (y)

What about your favourite brush(es) and soap(s)?
I'm somewhat new to wet shaving having given it up after a few years so haven't established a collection of soaps nor brushes, as opposed to my love of de razors. Can you suggest any local artisans and were one might source their products? I primarily source my soaps online from a few local retailers but any suggestions are always welcomed. I'm currently a fan of the PAA/Crown king products but would enjoy some local soaps or creams. Thanks

I'm somewhat new to wet shaving having given it up after a few years so haven't established a collection of soaps nor brushes, as opposed to my love of de razors. Can you suggest any local artisans and were one might source their products? I primarily source my soaps online from a few local retailers but any suggestions are always welcomed. I'm currently a fan of the PAA/Crown king products but would enjoy some local soaps or creams. Thanks
Australian Private Reserve (www.australianprivatereserve.com), Squadron Soaps (www.squadronsoap.com.au) & Wolfpac Shaving (www.wolfpacshaving.com.au) are local ones that I’m aware of. The others might clue you in if there are more :)