Greetings from Darwin, NT the Top End of Australia

Interested to see how you all go with those vintage blades.
Hi @eggbert, I finally got off the B&M Prototype Soaps and APR Festivus with much self discipline (I could've stayed on that rotation for a couple of months because of the variety and quality they provide) and started on the first vintage blade Tuesday 26/03. Started on the Gillette, only because I could not get the Personna out of the dispenser (child and adult proof) by the time I got to work to ask a mate how to get the blade out either it loosened itself or I just got it right, just as I said "how do you get these blades out" , out it popped. LOL :)
The blade has exceeded my expectations and revitalized my shaving experience, and it takes an awful lot to lift my spirits first thing in the morning. Definitely the best BBS I have ever had. The blade has a real presence. Don't know if it is slightly wider or thicker but I can feel exactly where it is on my face and therefore feel more confident that I am not going to blindly nick myself. I have been trawling the internet looking for vintage blades less than $1 each without luck, but I suspect the 15 you gave me will last a good 6 months if I get 10+ shaves each. I might have to try and trade the PolSilver, Astra, Voshkod and GSB because they seem second rate in comparison. looking forward to our next catch up.

Hi @eggbert= Started on the Gillette, only because I could not get the Personna out of the dispenser (child and adult proof) by the time I got to work to ask a mate how to get the blade out either it loosened itself or I just got it right, just as I said "how do you get these blades out" , out it popped. LOL :)
Some of the packs do get like that - when that happens I tend to wave Wifebert's hair dryer at the pack for a while until whatever coating the blades have starts to loosen up a bit. If I'm not in a patient mood, I disassemble the pack itself!

@@Holiday welcome to P&C. 45 yrs on & off, clearly can teach us a few things. Love the slants, thoughts on the PAA OC slant?

Hi @RustyBlade, apologies for the belated response. I didn't notice the question regarding PAA OC slant. I really love this razor because it is so light and aggressive, but unfortunately a little too aggressive. There appears to be considerable blade exposure and I nicked the mole on my upper lip a few times and therefore decided to shelf it.

I do like slants, they just appear to be so damn efficient. In your experience what is your favorite and how does it compare to the Merkur 39C? I note @Errol gave the Ikon B1 slant a Really Good review

Really Good – Karve Christopher Bradley #D plate, Blackland Vector, Blackland Dart, Ikon B1 slant, Gillette Aristocrat 1951, ATT Classic/ Windsor R1/ H1