Greetings from Darwin

astinus4

2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hi all,

Greetings from sunny Darwin. Was introduced to wet shaving by a couple of former work colleagues almost 6 years ago. I did it with enthusiasm for a couple of years (buying more stuff than I needed! Mainly the English creams), but went into a 'lull' due to other priorities (being a new dad). I still wet shaved but kept things pretty basic: just proraso soaps, feather blades and one razor (Merkur 1904) and vulflix badger brush.

'Graduated' to a Merkur 37c slant over a year ago (still using feathers), and my enthusiasm is starting to return after another colleague introduced me to this place recently. My current rotation is:

SOFTWARE
Proraso red soap
Arko
Williams Mug soap
DR Harris Arlington cream
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices (just arrived in the mail today - my first ever artisan soap)

HARDWARE
Merkur 37c slant
Vulfix Pure Badger brush
Feather blades
Gillette 7o'clock Green blades

Looking forward to getting some Squadron and APR soaps in the next few weeks.

Cheers

Frank

Welcome @astinus4 (I'm surprised we already had 3 astinuses (astini?) here).
Whereabouts in chilly Darwin are you? I live up in the northern suburbs, but work in the city.

Welcome to P&C @astinus4 - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @astinus4 (I'm surprised we already had 3 astinuses (astini?) here).
Whereabouts in chilly Darwin are you? I live up in the northern suburbs, but work in the city.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

@eggbert , I live in Palmerston but work in Darwin city. Have lived in the top End since the early 90s and have no plans to move anytime soon