Greetings from Melbourne

tim33z

King of 'Spoilers' 2019!
Grand Society
2018 Sabbatical Fail
Hi Everyone,

I joined on here so i can share my shave routine and get some pointers from y'all.
Ever since i was in high school i was using a Phillips electric and occasionally i'd swap it out for a cartridge. Around 2013/14 i (don't remember how/why exactly) stumbled across the mensbiz website. This led me to search into this style of DE shaving more thoroughly which led me to purchase a 34C, a Trumpers SB4 brush, and a tub of Proraso green cream.

Me being me, a week later i thought, "lets expand my soap collection". So i did and had about 5 or 6 within 10-12 weeks! Come christmas time, my wife buys me a shavershop gift card so i grabbed an EJ DE89 and some more Proraso in different scents.
After about a year of shaving with this, i somehow drifted back to the cartridge razor and only 12 months ago, back to another electric shaver.

About 3 weeks ago, i looked at all my kit and thought "i'm gonna make some good use of this gear!" So have been using my kit pretty much daily since (apart from a few days where i was interstate with the electric).

Now, when starting my hobby up again, i thought "i wonder what mensbiz has for purchase online?" so low and behold, i've now got a tub of TOBS almond and a tube of TOBS avocado cream, along with a bottle of Proraso aftershave to go with my Spieck aftershave.

Anyway, since starting again, i've had to work on my technique in all areas, and not be too cocky and cut myself. My biggest challenge is around the jawline and the chin area. Hopefully, some day soon, i hit the sweet spot and can replicate a great shave on a daily basis.

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think.
Tim

Welcome to P&C @tim33z - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @tim33z .I also have trouble with my jawline and chin. I find myself unconsciously doing an ATG (against the grain) pass when only intending to do a XTG (across the grain), but I find it helps.

Welcome @tim33z - great to have you onboard!

great to have you onboard
Thanks for the welcome - Out of interest, does anyone have any thoughts on the Proraso Red tub? I used this today, but struggled to get a good lather and felt like there was little cushioning on my face. It's half finished but wonder if the shelf life could be over on this one? What do you think?

Welcome @tim33z!

For what it's worth, I also *still* have trouble with my chin and jawline... I think I always will.

... I can't help re: Proraso, though... I've never tried it.

Welcome @tim33z! They're a very hospitable bunch at P&C :)

Welcome @tim33z and I too had an electric shaver a very long time ago when I was thirteen and even then I didn't enjoy them. Even hairier now and would never go back as it would take over half an hour to buzz my face smooth.
Since reading about the drubbing way I think a DFS has more merit than BBS most days. Yet I can't stop and keep trying or achieving BBS.
However the jawline near my chin I find impossible to get it the way I want it.
So have conceded only this week to DFS it and not worry about any more (y)

Welcome to P&C @tim33z - don't be afraid to ask questions; it is a very friendly and helpful Forum.

Welcome, I am sure that you will enjoy the forum and all it has to offer