Greetings - just joined, Gary from Melbourne

Tano_TTO

Hiya Gents,

Just joined...
42 yr old single bloke, based in Melbourne... Bald. Currently sporting a goatee, but normally clean-shaven.
Been interested in wet shaving ever since when I came of age and Dad gave me an Omega shaving brush that he brought with him from Italy...
Proraso needed no introduction at my house. I still laugh a the “shaver shop’s” markup on proraso compared to our Italian grocer.

While I went through cartridges originally... I went to an all-boys school and back in maybe ‘90/‘91?, Gillette sent two lovely young ladies to give out free samples of Gillette “Sensor” (smart marketing move, huh?)
I therefore ended up being loyal Gillette, going through sensor, sensor excel, Mach 3, mach 3 turbo, until Schick attracted me: Schick Quattro, Quattro titanium, followed by wankmaster 2000, and I can’t remember what other variations I tried in between and along the way before I saw the light in Double Edge...

Now I’m also a mad collector of vintage Gillette’s and a few straights / cut-throats...

I have some vintages that I also shave with.

Welcome Gary. Any other cool shaving goodies at the Italian grocer?

Regarding Proraso markup, I suspect it's the Australian distributor setting the RRP, not the shaver shop as the other local stores (tommyguns and mensbiz) have the same price.

Welcome Gary. Any other cool shaving goodies at the Italian grocer?

Regarding Proraso markup, I suspect it's the Australian distributor setting the RRP, not the shaver shop as the other local stores (tommyguns and mensbiz) have the same price.

I suppose you’re right - distributor markup. The italian grocer imports direct....
But the point was not to criticize any particular outlet, just to point out the price difference.

Hey, welcome mate!

Glad you could make it over these parts :)

Welcome to P&C @Tano_TTO - great to have you here (y)