Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Ok, so we have seen the Lamb adverts - Australia Day Lamb Advertisements - and obviously have that marinating.

We have the party pies sorted as well for lunch -

Now what are all of you doing for Australia Day?

Me, I'm having some fun being VERY true blue Aussie -

Can anybody top that?

Unfortunately it doesn't look like 'Maccas' is a go this year. Instead, we've settled for a BBQ, pool and the triple J countdown.

Notice to tomato sauce Uluru ...

We just cooked and ate these.
egBsZYW.jpg

Can't get more Aussie than that can you?

That meal looks awesome, @eggbert . Is that some kind of adana kebab?

The "skewer" looks like lemongrass. Please mate, pass on the recipe.

Vietnamese beef kebabs (supposed to be beef and pork but forgot to buy the pork). And yes skewer is lemongrass.
Added egg, shallots, garlic, chili, lemongrass, and coriander with a little breadcrumbs to dry the mix out a bit.
Then formed kebab around the lemongrass stems, and bbq'd.
Served with nuoc cham dipping sauce, cucumber relish and green papaya salad.
Oh and a delicious Thai grilled squid dish to go with it.
Even my 1 year old enjoyed it.

In bed, recovering from a bout of flu!
Even threw a sickie on Monday!

Where's the Banh Xeo @eggbert - then it would be one of my all time favourite meals!

You should also try the Pork Liver/Peanut sauce, that is traditional with this dish in some parts of Vietnam. Seriously, I was on the hunt for this one almost 4 weeks straight and found my favourite version on my last night in Da Nang - and they have this ridiculous sweet corn drink, that goes so well with it - HUNGRY!!!

Where's the Banh Xeo @eggbert - then it would be one of my all time favourite meals!

You should also try the Pork Liver/Peanut sauce, that is traditional with this dish in some parts of Vietnam.
Forgot about the Banh Xeo, which is probably a good thing as I can't eat them at the moment.

I've never tried that sauce, but it sounds nice to me. Would struggle to get wiferbert to eat it though unless I didn't tell her what was in it until later.

Fish burritos and shrimp tacos on the north shore of Oahu. Not a lamb chop in site unfortunately. Did see some green sea turtles but
Happy late Australia day
I've had green turtle stir fry - wouldn't recommend it.