Have any of you tried the new version of Tabac Original Cologne

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day all,

I know you Aussie Wet Shavers out love Tabac Shaving Soap come on don't bullshit me, because yesterday morning I went Chemist Warehouse and bought the new version of Tabac Original Cologne (EDC) 300ml bottle for $30, and I must say it smell very very clean and wonderful not overpowering this is a simple scent in a solid, honest, no-nonsense kind of way. It has a clean, dry, freshness that works all year round.

New version of Tabac Original Cologne (EDC) 2014 edition see link:- http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Maurer-Wirtz/Tabac-Original-28000.html

The very OLD version of Tabac Original Cologne (EDC) see link:- http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Maurer-Wirtz/Tabac-1748.html

Cheers (y);)

Love Tabac all of it, like you speedyPC i purchased the 300ml bottle of cologne and i like it, i also purchased the EDT which is very nice as well.
Nothing better to have a full Tabac shaving experiance Soap, A/S, Cologne, EDT, WOW.

Cheers
cranky

So a reformulation? That is often a worry. But this one works?

Can't see them changing it too much. I can only handle the AS in winter. The cologne is far too strong and takes a couple of showers to get off again.

Can't stand the stuff. Piffed away two bottles of AS splash I bought in Singapore. Think one of them ended up in a PCTB

Can't see them changing it too much. I can only handle the AS in winter. The cologne is far too strong and takes a couple of showers to get off again.

@Drubbing you only need about 3 or 4 splashes no more onto your hand and apply to neck and chest area at the same time, it well be a bit strong when applying after 30mins it will settled down into a very clean and wonderful scent & not overpowering all bloody day.

When applying wait until it dries first before you put your shirt on and ready to go.

@eggbert be very careful when buying cologne from Singapore otherwise you could end up having a fake and bullshit product, and I'll bet you might've got a fake copy of Tabac Cologne.

Last edited:
G'day I've also forgot to add because the new reformulate version doesn't have the Tabacco smell from the OLD version of the Tabac Original Cologne 1959, because a friend of mind have kept the old bottle cologne and it a little bit different from the NEW cologne version of Tabac and the company wanted to keep the name Tabac Original Cologne so they change the label a little bit different from the link showing above.

Try it and you will not be sorry it's smell great and very clean without the tabacco smell from the old version.

Cheers.

@Drubbing you only need about 3 or 4 splashes no more onto your hand and apply to neck and chest area at the same time, it well be a bit strong when applying after 30mins it will settled down into a very clean and wonderful scent & not overpowering all bloody day.

I had the spray. 1 squirt was still too much. That's a lot less that 3 or 4 splashes.

If any one is interested this place http://priceritemart.com.au/search?...derway=desc&search_query=tabac&submit_search= has the Tabac range as well reasonable price too.

G'day,

WARNING! before you buy Tabac Cologne ECD, EDT, Aftershave and even Shaving Soap be very careful, also keep in mind the EDT scend is a bit stronger than a ECD a lot people say ECD is better than EDT Cologne.

The OLD version of Tabac 1959. picture below
o.1748.jpg
tabac-original-edt-100ml-m-sp.jpg
tabac-original-shaving-soap-and-bowl_4429164.jpg
41dN0JixqGL._SY355_.jpg
tabac_as_balm.jpg

The latest NEW version of Tabac 2014. picture below.
18348047205-2-350.jpg
tactacm_aedt15_01__3.jpg
tabac-jabon-de-afeitar-en-bol.jpg
flakon.png
aftershave-balsam.png

Last edited:
G'day all,

I went to the original website of Tabac in Germany browsing their website in English and I can confirm they MUST have change the scent formula in all three areas Top, Middle and Base Notes see below screen, when you see the screenshot straight from Tabac own German website three main words showing TOP is top note, HEART is middle note and FOND is base note.

NEW formula scent screenshot straight from the Tabac own German website:-
m_20160131-ksae-163kb.jpg

OLD formula scent screenshot:-
m_20160131-dfus-81kb.jpg

Finally from what I'm seeing and I have to be correct their is no more light Tobacco scent from the old version any more.

And I'm waiting for an email straight from the Tabac company to find out when did they change the formula in 2014.

Cheers ;)

I've a confession to make, I've not tried it, any of the Tabac range, nor MWF while confessing away here...

I've never tried tabac, I'd love to though.

I've never tried tabac, I'd love to though.

The scent is amazing! I absolutely love it but it doesn't love me back! I get migraines from the scent so i can never use it :(

The scent is amazing! I absolutely love it but it doesn't love me back! I get migraines from the scent so i can never use it :(
That's so unfortunate! :( I'm ping through a similar issue with a product I love the performance of but my skin just won't take it

I've only recently tried Tabac thanks to some samples through @nsavage - gotta say I rate it (soap and splash), and thankfully my wife likes the scent on me too.