Head Shaving

Nightguard

Anyone here a head shaver? If so, any tips/hints for someone just starting? I used to shave my head daily in my late teens/early 20's but that was with a disposable in the shower and I'm pretty certain using a DE or SE with lather will be significantly different.

I've only done it twice (I just go no guard on the clippers), but I used a Gillette tech and just took it nice and easy. The skin on the head is generally much tougher than on the face, so irritation is generally less of an issue (and it wasn't for me). I think I nicked myself once?

Just load up extra soap and use a big brush, take your time and you'll be fine :)

Take it slow and easy. Make sure your lather is good, especially in the back where you can't see. Watch the ears! If your razor lets the side tabs of the blade stick out, they can catch. Also, don't use a razor with a corner tooth missing for head shaves (I would have sworn that I sliced part of my ear off that way..). Don't be afraid to stretch the skin, especially on the back of your head where it has that little "hollow". I also tilt my head forward to assist even more there.

Good luck!