Headblade!

Lynchy

Between this and the can of Old spice goop I hope I'm not banned :p

Anyway I've been back on the head shaving band wagon for the last few weeks, with summer fast approaching being bald is definatley a winner IMO.

My weapon of choice has been the GEM SE, which has delivered the best shave on the dome to date. I was only shaving it once a week on the weekend. In the past I have used the carts on the dome with no dramas, unlike ,my face which is just left a mangled mess.

So now I want to get back to shaving my head every other day and was looking for something a little quicker. I have always known about the headblade and always been somewhat interested but never enough to pull the trigger. I was in the Shaver Shop in Belconnen and seen that they had them and though why not.

I used it on Sunday (I shaved the head on Saturday with the SE). Over all I think it will serve it intended purpose, it was quick and delivered decent results. Getting the hang of the angles and what not took a bit, but once it was rolling it felt fine. It's definatley still a cart-type experience, I can feel the pulling in a lot of spots iykwim.

So yeah....I like that it can be just a quick pre shower thing with some simple hand lathering of a cream a few swipes and I'm good to go. Blade life will be the real deal maker/breaker.

Will still be using the SE on the weekends.

Here's what the beast looks like:

And some more info

HeadBlade Sport Head Shaving Razor and HeadBlade® | Ultimate Head Shaving Razor & Head Care Products

Will keep kicking on with it and let you all know how it goes.

Cheers

Interested to hear your thoughts - I've never tried them as I really can't see the value add they bring as opposed to carts (if thats one's thing), and I found that carts are very prone to getting clogged up with hair between the multi blades.

I'm sure it's marginally easier to run over your head but only for the first few uses are once you've been shaving your head for a while I've had no issue at all doing it freehand (the first few times were a major PITA and I had to get my missus to finish the back off for me etc).

I've found that the best solution (for me) is an open comb (which are made/suited to slightly longer hair than safety razors)....if I want really close I'll run a SR over after.

This all said I only do mine ~weekly, so if you're going daily for that squeaky slick look perhaps somethings going to have to give. Maybe you can find a 3rd party cart that will work in their system? But I've a hunch they've designed it to fit their specific blades only.

Nice write up. :)

Interested to hear your thoughts - I've never tried them as I really can't see the value add they bring as opposed to carts (if thats one's thing), and I found that carts are very prone to getting clogged up with hair between the multi blades.

I found these rinse out fairly easy as opposed to the Mach III that I used to use. In saying that though I have only used it on 1 days growth.

I'm sure it's marginally easier to run over your head but only for the first few uses are once you've been shaving your head for a while I've had no issue at all doing it freehand (the first few times were a major PITA and I had to get my missus to finish the back off for me etc).

I have no issues with the free hand either, I actually became quite proficient at it after enough practice lol....

I guess the only real advantage is that I have no other use for carts other than the head so this serves the function more than a standard cart. + it looks cooler on the bench.

I've found that the best solution (for me) is an open comb (which are made/suited to slightly longer hair than safety razors)....if I want really close I'll run a SR over after.

100% can't agree more (other than the SR bit) DE and SE are far superior both in close-ness and zen IMO.

This all said I only do mine ~weekly, so if you're going daily for that squeaky slick look perhaps somethings going to have to give. Maybe you can find a 3rd party cart that will work in their system? But I've a hunch they've designed it to fit their specific blades only.

Yeah that's the trade off. I did another shave tonight and it was quick, sub 5 mins including prep and cleanup, and I suspect as I get more used to it the process will only speed up.

Gilette Atra blades, and Sensors apparently fit, plus there is a bigger list that I can't remember right now. They sell a 4 and 6 blade monstrosity lol, might get expensive if you used that.

Nice write up. :)

Cheers, I just though others may be interested.

I just got a headblade for Christmas (I think it's the sane model as the photo). Used it a couple of times. Certainly not my favourite but I think it'll make it's way into the rotation (straight, DE, multi-blade cartridge & now headblade). Ill never get bored :)