Hello (again)

mr626

ARKO! TERMINATOR!
Good evening all,

It has been a while between drinks. I guess I'm not strictly speaking 'new' here, but hello again to you all.

I must admit, I have grown so comfortable with my Merkur 34C / Arko combo that my modest collection of vintage kit has been a bit unloved of late. However, restoring a couple of old Techs from a stash generously sent by @Mark1966 several years ago reminded me that there are concepts like 'rotation' and 'shave of the day' (and...collecting?).
Also, was a good reminder that this is a nice corner of the internet. Thank you also @Mark1966 [and @Monsta_AU behind the scenes] for helping me regain access to the forums.

I don't know any of you that well, but I remember some names. I believe that one or two of you have fairly rustic shaving stands that I made a while back (@JugV2 ?). I hope they have served you well, but I'm not in any way offended if they are no longer in service.
I was sorry to read about the passing of some of the members here, but also pleased that the charity auctions have sprung from those sad events. Will have to look into one, one of these days.

Anyhow, I will try not to be as much of a stranger. I will likely need to catch myself up on the go to places for blades, soaps etc. I think last time I ordered such things was probably from shaving.ie or bestshave.net (the second one I either have wrong, or they no longer exist)

mr626

Last edited by a moderator:
are you still the ARKO Terminator? @gthomas04 could do with a few extra friends in his camp

Welcome back mate!

If you are looking for some kit, you cannot go past some of our generous contributors to the recent auction-

VSHOD

Artisan Arcade (@Ozwhisker )

DC Blades (@Substance)

@TroyTools custom brushes

Blue Devil Shave Co

Beard & Blade

Mensbiz

Avalon Pottery

Alpha Shaving

Shaving Scuttles Australia (member @HGpottery)

Thanks, will check those out.

are you still the ARKO Terminator? @gthomas04 could do with a few extra friends in his camp

I don't really understand the question- are you saying there are other soaps that people use?

Welcome back! :D

I like your sig, it's one of my favourite quotes. (y)

Thanks. It encapsulates one of my mantras for life.

Thanks for the welcome one and all.

@mr626
krFtqsz.jpg

SduwtyA.jpg