Hello and thanks from Adelaide

Craigyfeef

Hi folks,
Thanks very much for letting me join the forum. I'm new to the straight shaving game, having aquired my first razor a couple of months ago after a very long time of contemplation.
I do have some questions about honing but I will find the appropriate place to ask.
It's great to find al 'locally' placed forum after seeing many from America, and also local 'meet ups''
Keep up the good work on this site and I look forward to getting better at it.

Cheers Craig

Welcome @Craigyfeef !

Adelaide is most definitely the shaving capital of Australia - you are almost the majority of the forum now I think?

I am concerned about that talk of 'honing' though, don't you remember old King Gillette's original tag line -

bba22dd5b67f5eb262997758091e35dc--time-news-safety-razor.jpg

Welcome to the group @Craigyfeef as @SchoolForAnts has already said there is a great group here in Adelaide and regular catch ups. Hope to meet you at one soon!

Do you have any favourite soaps and what are they? How about brushes, do you have a preference towards badger, boar or synthetics as yet?

Great to have you here @Craigyfeef and would of course also like to meet you at one of our Adelaide meet-ups soon (y)

I'm sure @bald as can answer all your honing questions (as well as the ones you haven't thought about yet) :D :D :D

G'day @Craigyfeef welcome to P&C, Mate! Do I detect a wee bit of Scot in that name?
A lot of Scot in the name, a bit of Scot in the blood. Scottish parent! Born and bred in Newcastle England, I've been in Adelaide 10 years..........so nearly a local

Thanks very much for the warm welcome lads.
I would love to come to the meet on Sunday, but I think I might be short of time to do you all justice and spend and quality time with you all. I have to back in the Southern suburbs by 3.30, so it looks like it's a non-starter for me.
Sorry

Welcome to the group @Craigyfeef as @SchoolForAnts has already said there is a great group here in Adelaide and regular catch ups. Hope to meet you at one soon!

Do you have any favourite soaps and what are they? How about brushes, do you have a preference towards badger, boar or synthetics as yet?
Hi,
I'm new to all this. I've had my Golddachs for 2 months, using a badger brush and Proraso pre-shave cream, soap, paste and after shave balm.
I'm just trying to ease into it and be kind to my skin by using something quite mild. So far no hassles

Last edited by a moderator: