hello everyone from sydney

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
hello everyone.

my names blake I'm from sydney.
been wet shaving for only 2 Months and already loving it.

currently serving in the Royal Australian Navy and this hobby fits right in as I need to be clean shaven everyday.

looking forward to learning all i can from everyone.

hello everyone.

my names blake I'm from sydney.
been wet shaving for only 2 Months and already loving it.

currently serving in the Royal Australian Navy and this hobby fits right in as I need to be clean shaven everyday.

looking forward to learning all i can from everyone.

Welcome to the forum @the_shaving_sailor :)

We are having an informal meet up at a pub in Balmain and you are of course invited to come along and say hello!

All the details are here

as an engineer I always find room or make it for my shave gear. no travel kits here I take everything with me :D

and yea i have my great grandad father's English made super speed flare tip and my grand father's English made aluma-tech

G'day Blake

From one new member to another - welcome aboard shipmate!

Is there space on your tub for a cupboard full of shave bits and bobs? or are you a dry bob?

Vintage DE's eh? Now there is a hobby. Got any of your family's?

Cheers

Welcome to P&C @the_shaving_sailor - I'm sure you will have a great time here (y)

Do you want to tell us a bit about your current (favourite) line-up?

Welcome to P&C @the_shaving_sailor - I'm sure you will have a great time here (y)

Do you want to tell us a bit about your current (favourite) line-up?

well at the moment my daily soap is the truefitt and hill sandlewood using my grandfather's Aluma-tech gillette. green Astra blades and my only brush is a muhole vivo badger.

currently my gillette super slim adjustable is almost back from razor emporium just needed the tune up but I'm saving up to get my great grandfather's super speed flare tip re-vamped with them too

I have personally dealt with Dave before (even when he was still based in the UK) and can highly praise both his craftsmanship and his customer service! Really friendly guy to deal with (y)

Have you considered Dave from Restored Razors? He is now located in New Zealand and does some great restoration work...and might be (a lot) cheaper:

http://www.restoredrazors.com/index.php?route=common/home

Sport Shaving is another good alternative, especially for rhodium plating which seems to run a little cheaper than some other vendors. Then again, they are located in the USA so shipping is more expensive.

Also, hi Blake. It's good have you around here!