Hello everyone

gillettedeguy

Hello everyone. I am new here. When it comes to double edge safety razors, I am a huge lover and collector of the Gillette DE razors. I have three old types, one ball end tech, six super speeds (40's style,black tip, blue tip, flare tip, red tip, black handle) and three adjustables; the fatboy, slim and black beauty long handle. Glad to be new here. I hope yall will be my friends in the wetshaving world, and give me some advice on improving my technique :)

G'day @gillettedeguy and welcome to the forum!

Nice little stash you have there and as we all know - vintage is best ;)

How long have you been at it?

Greetings @gillettedeguy
What’s your soap or cream selection looking like?
I have Soapcommander for soap and I also use Barbasol shaving cream. I just got into using brushes and I'm loving it. It's much more exciting than squirting cream on your hand and rubbing it on your face which was how it used to be. I'm still working on my technique with using brushes, though. Maybe if you have some tips you can share with me, I'd be grateful :)

I have been owning and using my Gillette DE razor collection ever since last year :)

Nice work!

BTW, if you put an '@' before a name it tags a person in a post and gives them an alert.

so gillettedeguy just sits there but @gillettedeguy makes it an actve tag

I have Soapcommander for soap and I also use Barbasol shaving cream. I just got into using brushes and I'm loving it. It's much more exciting than squirting cream on your hand and rubbing it on your face which was how it used to be. I'm still working on my technique with using brushes, though. Maybe if you have some tips you can share with me, I'd be grateful :)
You will get loads of tips on all aspects from these great guys in here!
I have Soap Commander Honor which i think is a great soap. I must use it more in my rotation :shame:

My process for lathering:

-Soak brush while showering (no need to do this with a synthetic - just give it a nice wash under a warm tap.
-Squeeze once firmly, but not "rip the fibres out" firmly..
-Swirl on soap for 20-30 secs (you'll soon understand how the brush looks when properly loaded)
-Wet face with warm water and brush face in swirling motions as well as 'paint brush' style.
-Dip the tips of the brush in some warm water from the sink to add moisture to the lather until slick, smooth and creamy. You may have to do this several times.

Practice is your friend and eventually you will just understand what "you" need to do to achieve a great lather!