Hello from Adelaide

Welcome @wayne646 !

What soaps / creams do you use?

Welcome @wayne646 !

What soaps / creams do you use?
I use the "Shave" cream, comes in a tube.

Welcome to P&C @wayne646 - great to have you here at P&C (y)

What brush(es) do you use?

If you are free, you might want to join as this Sunday, 7.May at our meet-up in Norwood at 2pm - details here

There you would also see the mighty P&C travelling box 4b in person - with shaving supplies for years in it!
Thanks but I may be working
I don't have a brush just use my hand, looks like I have lot to learn :shame:

Last edited:
I use the "Shave" cream, comes in a tube.
I don't have a brush just use my hand, looks like I have lot to learn :shame:

I used my hands and face soap for many years with a cartridge [shudders in horror at the thought] - it is all incremental progression.

We have whole thread on pics of lather people have made, Lather Shots, which will give you an idea of what is possible with a brush and decent soap. The benefits of a good lather are better glide/slip and protection as well as post shave face feel.

Following that up with an aftershave with some nourishing properties and your face will love you for it.

We are spoilt here with two artisans in our midst, Andy at Squadron Soap - Squadron Soap - Online store live. and Dan at Australian Private Reserve (who has a little help with the soaps) with aftershaves and soaps Australian Private Reserve - Winter 2017 Fragrances- PRESALE OPEN!. Both great local Aussie products

Welcome to P&C!

It's harder to pick up cheap Gillette's to try online now but they do still come up on Ebay and Etsy. I'd recommend a Slim Adjustable or a 30s New 3 peice razor, myself, to dip your toe in the vintage market.

Keep an eye on the B/S/T here - https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/forums/buy-sell-shaving-grooming.49/ - for regular good buys or The Stray Whisker, run by another member @shavetheman also has a great range of software AND some very popular and affordable synthetic brushes.

Razorock 24mm Synth - also got Beard and Blade with the Razorock for $30 delivered.
razorock-plissoft-synthetic-shaving-brush-1.jpg

Been wet shaving for about 6 months rotating between a couple of cheap Chinese DE razors and a Merkur 34c with Astra blades. I would like to try some old Gillette's sometime, lots of good info on this forum.

Cheers
Wayne

Welcome to the forum @wayne646 :)

Great brush at a great price. I would be happy to bring mine to the meet up on Sunday for you to look at if you can make it.
Thanks for the kind offer but I'll be working on Sunday, I have a brush & soap on the way I just need to sort out a 3 shaver stand.
Either buy or make one, haven't decided yet.