Hello from NC, USA

Sweeney_

I stumbled into P&C by accident while using Google Fu for info/reviews on a specific razor. That landed me in the thread The Weekly Razor Review by @Errol

After reading that whole thread, I enjoyed a few others and decided to join in for the great info and humor. I've only been wet shaving for about ten years. DE mostly, SE injectors, occasional SR user - which seems more like girding for battle in my case - and lately decided to try AC single edge razors. Waiting for a Hawk v3 to arrive but I admit... DEs seem to be my main love. Also have a Rocca r95 incoming; apparently I'm late to the party on that one but really looking forward to trying that razor. My current favorites are probably my Lupo 72 and 95 along with the Fatip Grande OC that never fails to deliver superb results.

Anyway, glad to be here.
cheers,
Erik

Welcome to P&C @Sweeney_ - great to have you here (y)

welcome @Sweeney_

there's a guy here in SA named sweeney who built my first custom 14ft surf rod (y)

I also have the Lupo 72 and 95 both awesome razors and getting the 72 ready for tomorrows shave.. you tried pairing that with a Nacet blade? if not do yourself a favour and try it

Ta for the warm welcome.

welcome
@Sweeney_

there's a guy here in SA named sweeney who built my first custom 14ft surf rod (y)

I also have the Lupo 72 and 95 both awesome razors and getting the 72 ready for tomorrows shave.. you tried pairing that with a Nacet blade? if not do yourself a favour and try it

Yes, the Nacet and I are old mates. My first DE was a 34c hd which I used for a few years (before RAD affliction) and toward the end of that run was pairing it with nacets. I remember after bumping up to a GC .84p - which I used almost exclusively for about 6 months - staying with Nacets for most of that time. Great blades with good longevity.

These days, my blades run the spectrum from vintage London Bridge and Gillette "Spoilers" to 7 O'clock yellow and black, Wilkies(India), Wizamet Super Iridium, everything in between and yes... also Nacet. 👍

Welcome @Sweeney_

Already off to a good start with these 3 :)(y)

Yes, well perhaps like some of you, I think my collection of DEs is around 20 or 30, not even counting injectors and a few straights ( I know, right? I need help), but it's usually one of those three that get the most use. But again, I have high hopes for the incoming Rocca r95, would be nice if it shaves as good as it looks.

cheers

I stumbled into P&C by accident while using Google Fu for info/reviews on a specific razor. That landed me in the thread The Weekly Razor Review by @Errol

After reading that whole thread, I enjoyed a few others and decided to join in for the great info and humor. I've only been wet shaving for about ten years. DE mostly, SE injectors, occasional SR user - which seems more like girding for battle in my case - and lately decided to try AC single edge razors. Waiting for a Hawk v3 to arrive but I admit... DEs seem to be my main love. Also have a Rocca r95 incoming; apparently I'm late to the party on that one but really looking forward to trying that razor. My current favorites are probably my Lupo 72 and 95 along with the Fatip Grande OC that never fails to deliver superb results.

Anyway, glad to be here.
cheers,
Erik

Welcome to the forums.
Sounds like you've got a good deal of experience under your belt for 10 years. I love my Razorock razors but as @Gargravarr said... that Vector though!
I personally don't have one but just the look of that nimble head design is impressive.
I love DE's too and can't escape the joy of all the variables involved. I think we are both late. I haven't got one either but was fairly close to buying A Rocca recently as I have heard very good things about them. I am sure you will enjoy it. The Lupo line of razors seem to be a fine and popular choice among wet shavers. It's been a while since I put my old Fatip to task, I hear they improved a lot in recent years.

the Lupo is a great razor, I have the Dual Comb version. I don't know if I am the only one who feels this but I thought the OC .72 side to be more engaging and efficient than the .95 side.

Agreed, gives a better shave too

my two cents of the lupo 72 v 95

The 95 is considerably efficient than the 72 but still very smooth, and gives a better shave than the 72 when you have more hair to shave off like 2-3 days growth when going ATG. You have to pay attention when shaving ATG but not so much WTG or XTG.

The 72 feels very mild but is surprisingly quite efficient and is a better option than the 95 when shaving daily and ATG. It is a very safe razor to use and no need to take much care, I have never nicked myself with it.

so both are there to serve their purpose depending on when and how you use them.