Hello from Newcastle

Hi everyone,

I've been shaving with a DE for about 2 years now. I've managed to keep myself from buying much stuff (I don't know how much longer that will last).

My current setup is:
Muhle R89
Muhle synthetic silvertip brush
Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic (only a sample, but definitely buying a tub)
Nivea sensitive aftershave balm

I've been trying multiple different blades, but haven't found much I like more than Astras.

I also have a couple of vintage straights (a Bengall and a Walker & Hall with "The Sydney" etched into the blade) that my grandmother used to own as she was a hairdresser, and then went on to teach it at TAFE. I have plans to get those cleaned up and honed in the near future.

Cheers

Welcome @Semicolonbanks !

We can certainly help you acquaire more kit here :)

Those straights you have sound great. I have a straight, stop and hair clippers from my father in law's grandfather - a barber in Penrith. Nice to have

Welcome @Semicolonbanks !

We can certainly help you acquaire more kit here :)

Those straights you have sound great. I have a straight, stop and hair clippers from my father in law's grandfather - a barber in Penrith. Nice to have

The only thing that's stopped me from acquiring more kit so far is the fact that I am not on a particularly high salary.

There were a few other cool finds at her house. There was an old pair of Dovo scissors (which I gave to my best mate who is also my barber), and there was a rolls razor which I'm not sure where it ended up (not to mention the 20 odd bottles of old port and other grog in the linen cupboard).

Welcome @Semicolonbanks, now how can we start your RAD (razor acquisition disorder)?
B&M soaps are the go to for me and easily obtained locally. Aussie soaps are fantastic and on par.

Welcome @Semicolonbanks, now how can we start your RAD (razor acquisition disorder)?
B&M soaps are the go to for me and easily obtained locally. Aussie soaps are fantastic and on par.

I'm more likely to be buying more soaps at this point than razors, but I'm sure that will change.

I just tried my sample of B&M Lavanille last night and really enjoyed it. I wasn't too sure I'd like it based on the scent from the tub, but when I started lathering it had me.