Hello from Shoal Bay

BMD

Hi, my name is Brett from Shoal Bay and I'm a keen fan of all things shaving.
Been wet shaving since the 70's, started with 1 blade, "progressed" up to 5 blades, now back to one! I've got a fair cross section of soft and hardware, summer and winter, presently my fave razor is a birthday '56 red tip. That was a great year;)! I do find I'm attracted to all things menthol this time of year.
Shave 7 days a week, and aim for smooth as a boob every time. Still jump out of bed every day looking forward to the feel, scent and post shave.
Haven't tried a straight yet, but I think I might like the challenge of a kamisori type blade. We'll see.
Anyhow, right now I'm agonising over what to take on an overseas trip next week. Decisions, decisions.
Looking forward to participating in this forum, and all things Aussie made for shaving.
Brett.

Welcome Brett @BMD!

You are right '56 was a great year, by '66 was an OUTSTANDING year ;) Nonetheless I'm intrigued by you shaving focus of 'smooth as a boob' - I think that takes BBS to a whole new level :eek:

I must say though, that I think you are asking the wrong question. It is not what to take on an overseas trip - but what to bring back? Where are you going and we can hints on great shaving scores that may lie in wait.

Welcome to the forums Brett! What's some of your other hardware choices mate? Soap/Brush?
I was/am a fan of Shaver heaven, so 5 of those, a few caties, saponificio, cella, proraso, arko, simpsons, l'occitane, Palmolive, local and German, the full suite of Eau sauvage. Been wearing Eau Sauvage since I was 18.
Razors, a 61 Fatboy, starter EdwinJagger, merkur slant and the red tip. Fave blades Gillette yellow, Astra green, permasharp and personna.
Really looking forward to the Australian Reserve new release.
Welcome Brett @BMD!

You are right '56 was a great year, by '66 was an OUTSTANDING year ;) Nonetheless I'm intrigued by you shaving focus of 'smooth as a boob' - I think that takes BBS to a whole new level :eek:

I must say though, that I think you are asking the wrong question. It is not what to take on an overseas trip - but what to bring back? Where are you going and we can hints on great shaving scores that may lie in wait.

It's a business trip sadly so not a lot of time, but Thailand and Germany. I'll send the wife off on shopping expeditions while I'm checking out dental stuff in Cologne. Luckily for me she tolerates my soap fetishes quite well!

Welcome to P&C @BMD - great to have you here (y)

It's a business trip sadly so not a lot of time, but Thailand and Germany. I'll send the wife off on shopping expeditions while I'm checking out dental stuff in Cologne. Luckily for me she tolerates my soap fetishes quite well!

Hmm, OK. Others might know of source for cheap shaving products in Thailand, Germany is home of Tabac and, if you could get them Sir Irisch Moos shave sticks ....

Safe travels anyway :)