Hello from Sydney

CTP

Thanks for accepting my invite.

I’m a Pommy living in Sydney and loving life in Australia :0)

I guess I’ve always been a wet shaver - but in the last year or my relationship with wet shaving has changed.

I conceded defeat to an ever receeding hair line and started shaving. I’d be lying if I said that I hadn’t been influenced by Cris from
Another Cut Above.

Somewhere in the last 12 months I’ve made the shift from shaving being a chore to it being something I really enjoy - the brush, the razors, the variety in soaps :0)

I Invested in a TF Custom Shaving brush and never looked back. I made the jump from the ever faithful Mach 3, to the headblade, to the leaf razor! I’m currently experimenting with blades to see what works best for me - I feel like I’ve only got to look at a Feather blade and cut myself lol

The next goal is to shift to using a DE razor - currently getting lost in the world of blade gaps, open / closed heads, and brands..... hence the journey to P&C.

Anyway, thanks for having me,

Chris

Welcome to &C @CTP

Reactions: CTP
Thanks for accepting my invite.

I’m a Pommy living in Sydney and loving life in Australia :0)

I guess I’ve always been a wet shaver - but in the last year or my relationship with wet shaving has changed.

I conceded defeat to an ever receeding hair line and started shaving. I’d be lying if I said that I hadn’t been influenced by Cris from
Another Cut Above.

Somewhere in the last 12 months I’ve made the shift from shaving being a chore to it being something I really enjoy - the brush, the razors, the variety in soaps :0)

I Invested in a TF Custom Shaving brush and never looked back. I made the jump from the ever faithful Mach 3, to the headblade, to the leaf razor! I’m currently experimenting with blades to see what works best for me - I feel like I’ve only got to look at a Feather blade and cut myself lol

The next goal is to shift to using a DE razor - currently getting lost in the world of blade gaps, open / closed heads, and brands..... hence the journey to P&C.

Anyway, thanks for having me,

Chris

I'm new to the forum and in Sydney.

Never tried the leaf, got many DE's and some SR's and SE's... I am not a fan of feather to be honest, not everyone is. Generally prefer SB, CC over OC. Yeah blade gap, blade exposure etc. is always so individual.

Welcome from another new comer to this forum.

Welcome to P&C @CTP - great to have you here (y)

And of course @Mark1966 is (at least partially) right - nothing beats a Wolfman ;)

Welcome, you will soon discover a world of brilliant razors out there and your technique will soon improve and surpass Cris.

Reactions: CTP
Have you tried a blade sampler pack yet?
They supposed to sort everything out for ya

I picked up a sample pack from Beard and Blade about 6 months ago and have been working my way through them - feather, merkur, Wilkinson, astra, derby etc

I sort of love the fact that every shave is a mini adventure - changing blades and soaps .... and eventually razors :)

Welcome @CTP a few head shavers on the forum, the leaf, headblade moto and various DE's seem to be razors of choice
:watching:🍿

I picked up a sample pack from Beard and Blade about 6 months ago and have been working my way through them - feather, merkur, Wilkinson, astra, derby etc

I sort of love the fact that every shave is a mini adventure - changing blades and soaps .... and eventually razors :)
Welcome aboard @CTP, always good to have, ummm, new input here - nearly said "blood" before realising that might not be appropriate here. :p

Nothing to be ashamed of being a head shaver, it's literally cooler in a warming climate, and much more comfortable. Plus anyone taller than you gets dazzled by the sun reflecting off your dome. ;)

Take your time about going through your sample packs while you get your technique down, otherwise you'll find you don't really get a good idea what any blade is really like. But on the other hand, don't be afraid to ditch them if they ruin your morning too much, it's meant to be fun, not punishment...

Welcome @CTP a few head shavers on the forum, the leaf, headblade moto and various DE's seem to be razors of choice
:watching:🍿
I tend to use the Headblade out of convenience but prefer the Leaf as it allows me to use the correct blades for a closer shave.
Others enjoy using a DE/SE razor but I find they require the correct angle otherwise you're left missing spots or cutting yourself.
Welcome abroad and enjoy P&C as we're a friendly bunch but beware of the rabbit hole... ;)
giphy.gif