Hello, I'm from switzerland..

Manumik

My name is Manuel, and I would like to introduce myself.
I started wet shaving around 5 years ago, shaving with straight razors is what I enjoy the most.

Over the years straight razor shaving has transformed and became more of an important ritual to get me in the right state of mind… Or let's call it an anchor.

For me shaving with a straight razor is like a “light” session of meditation… In the evening it helps me to calm down after a hard day and a shave in the morning makes me focused and energized for the rest of the day.

Because I am a carpenter I started to re-scale some shavettes to get my friends as excited as I was… That was the time when I fell in love with the straight razor topic.

For me, straight razor shaving is more than just a way to shave…
It's my quiet time… And imho it's definitely something every man should at least give it a try once in his life… especially in this fast and hectic world we live in today.

I think that's enough for the beginning :)

I'm looking forward to having a lot of interesting conversations with you guys!

Manuel

Welcome @Manumik !

I've never gotten into straights - but appreciate those who use them.

Welcome @Manumik I am new to straight shaving, honing and stropping and agree with your comments. Very therapeutic ritual and I find myself tinkering a lot more thanks to straight shaving and honing reigniting interest to complete little odd jobs.

Welcome to P&C @Manumik - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @Manumik I am new to straight shaving, honing and stropping and agree with your comments. Very therapeutic ritual and I find myself tinkering a lot more thanks to straight shaving and honing reigniting interest to complete little odd jobs.
Right, although I shave with a straight I never got the chance to learn honing it myself..

Welcome - although I have shaved with very crude versions of straight razors (in the form of kitchen knives), I salute you. As a daily head and face shaver, I can't see myself pursuing that line of attack any time soon. It won't be much fun for my wife to find my head rolling around on the bathroom floor. So messy...

hello @Manumik Welcome to P&C good to have you here. Agree with you that shaving with a straight is meditative and zen. Having a razor that is as sharp as a surgeons knife rounding all the contours and angles of your face and neck makes you switch off with the mindless chatter for sure. I alternate between straights and DE purely because of time constraints, the DE allows for a quicker once round. Am yet to learn to hone, I have just had them sent away, but that will be next for me. What blades do you have? I have a nice wade and butcher and a ralf Aust and a G A Merx with abalone scales that I bought of another member here @Substance who makes and restores straights google https://www.dcblades.com. Welcome and enjoy mate, there is lots great guys here.:)

Welcome - although I have shaved with very crude versions of straight razors (in the form of kitchen knives), I salute you. As a daily head and face shaver, I can't see myself pursuing that line of attack any time soon. It won't be much fun for my wife to find my head rolling around on the bathroom floor. So messy...
He he.. I've had fair my share of blood baths in the beginning mate..

hello @Manumik Welcome to P&C good to have you here. Agree with you that shaving with a straight is meditative and zen. Having a razor that is as sharp as a surgeons knife rounding all the contours and angles of your face and neck makes you switch off with the mindless chatter for sure. I alternate between straights and DE purely because of time constraints, the DE allows for a quicker once round. Am yet to learn to hone, I have just had them sent away, but that will be next for me. What blades do you have? I have a nice wade and butcher and a ralf Aust and a G A Merx with abalone scales that I bought of another member here @Substance who makes and restores straights google https://www.dcblades.com. Welcome and enjoy mate, there is lots great guys here.:)

I have a Titan straight Razor the rest are shavettes.. I love those custom made razors, I'll check them out.. Thanks mate!