Hello, keen newbie

Troy

Hello gents,

Got sick of shaving irritation with cartridges, looked into DE razors was hesitant so purchased the cheap microtouch one and things started to look up, quality of the thing is poor and pretty much broken already.

So I have invested in this pack muhle pack:

https://www.beardandblade.com/au/sh...d-blade-complete-double-edge-shaving-kit.html

And a bunch of different blades, love this thing it's almost too pretty to use!

I'm amazed at how the razor is only half of it after using proper cream, no dry sticky goop in a can! the slickness and shave you get, awesome, had no irritation yet!

I actually look forward to shaving, my lathering needs work but I know that will come with practice.

Cheers
Troy

Welcome @Troy. I started with the Microtouch One too, a perfectly good razor. There are lots of great razors to try, as you're discovering. If you listen to these guys here you will learn about loads of good stuff to spend all your money on. Good luck and enjoy your shaves

When: Saturday 18th March, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in the 'Fraser Room' Google Maps Reference
What to bring: Whatever you like, new soaps, creams, hardware or even nothing at all :)
Public Transport: It is a 20-25 min bus ride on the bus from Central Station Stand B - Bus Numbers : 441, 442 and 433

After the enjoyment we all had at the weekend Sydney meet-up we have decided to move forward with another date in the spirit of making the Sydney meetups an 'ongoing concern' as it were.

We also felt that providing everyone with a reasonable and sufficient amount of notice will give everyone enough time to pencil in the date and if so inclined, keep the date free, not withstanding of course the need to recharge recharge after the 'Monsta' event that was the weekend - having the 'big kahuna' in attendance in many ways made the event as enjoyable as it was.

We are looking at a number of suitable venues with a view to provisioning a space that we can 'occupy' for a couple of hours, there were a number of observations made on the weekend: in future avoiding in anyway inconveniencing other patrons or indeed hospitality staff in the middle of lunch service being the primary.

With this in mind we are currently investigating options for the next meetup as this next one will require a little more room, we will provide more information on this in the coming weeks....

There will be a couple of things occurring at the next event but it is important to communicate now that the focus of these gatherings will be to meet up in a relaxed, casual atmosphere and talk face to face about the hobby we all enjoy so much... To meet a few more faces, to swap a few things, to share a few things, and to see what everyone has acquired recently :)

It goes without saying everyone is more than welcome, be it from NSW or indeed any of the other states and territories.

cheers,

Dan and Tony
O sorry I am Mid North coast NSW at Bonny Hills near Port Macquarie

well if youre keen we have a meet up in sydney (balmain) details above

I'm amazed at how the razor is only half of it after using proper cream, no dry sticky goop in a can! the slickness and shave you get, awesome, had no irritation yet!

I actually look forward to shaving, my lathering needs work but I know that will come with practice.

Cheers
Troy

Music to our ears mate - and a common tale!

Welcome to the forum :)

If you want to check out some amazing lather, look at the pics here Lather Shots 59 pages of lather (and some blather)

Want some bargains?

Hop across to the B/S/T section - https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/forums/buy-sell-shaving-grooming.49/

Enjoy the ride mate