Help Wanted Is This Razor a Feather

Errol

Razor Review Guru
[

I recently won an ebay auction for a razor, well I was the only bidder so that improved my chances. I’m sure the seller did not know and neither do I, but I purchased it solely on the name inside the tin lid. Trade Mark “Feather”. If there wasn’t a chance the razor was a Feather I would not have bought it. I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this razor so I’ll present the specifications from what I can see.

· There is nothing written on the razor

· The head is made from stainless steel

· Marks are visible on the blade side of the plate probably from the rolling process

· The blade posts and the centre post attached to the cap are not machined in place, maybe spun (friction) welded into position

· No visible marks of spin welding on the outer face of the top cap.

· Accepts modern DE blades

· I would say the handle is stainless but I cannot be 100% sure

· The diameter of the handle is about 9.5mm

· Length 73mm

· Problem here is that the handle tray in the box is about 83mm

· Outside of the box is knocked about and dented

· The inside of the box is in far better condition

· One H&R blade and two wrappers

Any assistance in identification would be appreciated. Thank you.

It could well be an old Feather.They started in 1932 and were making DEs and blades,and copied some of Gillettes designs even releasing a Ballend copy.That looks like an old New copy but with no stamping on the base plate would be difficult to verify,though that case has the correct "feather" logo. I found these pics,and the handle has similar design but looks to be from a different time period.
Comparison of middle vintage vs ASD2:
b60wQIpl.jpg

Base plate stamp:
BqxqTSZl.jpg