Here I Sit Unshaven (HISU)

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Was tempted to post to the Shave of the Day (SOTD) this morning but knew I'd suffer the wrath of the Mods; as it was less about my shave and more about the reason I didn't. It also struck me that others would have occasion that they can't, didn't, shouldn't, wouldn't, etc. shave for the day and that it might be good to have a space to devote to that yarn and collect together all the tragedies that befall us. So share your Here I Sit Unshavens (HISU).

Last edited:
Well here's my HISU.

I woke up to:

4J4t2Qd.jpg

qCnN79D.jpg

....SNOW DAY!

Heaviest fall we've had since living here. I've seen the ground far less whitely and the roads into Canberra completely impassable. My friends further along said "Don't even bother starting the car".

So here I sit unshaven...

Last edited:
Bit of a poor excuse there @stillshunter - you should have been collecting snow in a Billy and lighting a fire with some of that wood laying around - shaved using the glint off the side of the Billy can as a mirror then manning up enough to make your morning coffee with the hot water that was left.

I didn't shave yesterday, am not shaving today and probably won't shave tomorrow - the luxuries of retirement. :)

What GT said. If you don't have to go to work then you can spend all the time you want on setting up the perfect shave.

Says he who looks for any excuse not to bother.

What GT said. If you don't have to go to work then you can spend all the time you want on setting up the perfect shave.

Says he who looks for any excuse not to bother.
Yeah well, if tomorrow were Snow Day instead then I'd have picked up my Gold Dollar from @Mark to take for a spin (wrong analogy for a straight shave I know!) I'd shave for that! Or if Snow Day were like Thursday then I'd have my HG scuttle (used) arrive and so have another excuse to shave right there. But there's little in the way of inspiration when your @Drubbing-ly endowed in the shaving department...

Well here's my HISU.

I woke up to:

....SNOW DAY!

Heaviest fall we've had since living here. I've seen the ground far less whitely and the roads into Canberra completely impassable. My friends further along said "Don't even bother starting the car".

So here I sit unshaven...

Only one word describes this -

SOFT

article-2075565-0F3540B900000578-769_964x962.jpg

If HE can do it while fighting for our freedom, why can't you?

PS - if you dare - @gthomas04 getting some water for the Billy he want to light.

7040437.cb59a66c.640.jpg

Only one word describes this -

SOFT

article-2075565-0F3540B900000578-769_964x962.jpg

If HE can do it while fighting for our freedom, why can't you?

...yeah but if I'm not mistaken he has a bracer of whiskey there to keep him warm. No go while I'm fighting for your freedoms mate.

Last edited:
...yeah but if I'm not mistaken he has a bracer of whiskey there to keep him warm. No go while I'm fighting for your freedoms mate.

Whiskey? That is his aftershave splash mate, no drinking in the trenches ...

Anyway mate, thank you for your service ;)