Hers's a Gillette Slim - know what your looking for

58RW

Here's a Slim that is being offered on eBay for $30.00+ postage. It has a few pics and the plating in good shape but the seller has this pic on the listing. See the issue?

98T1iZQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar again different seller on a 58 Flare Tip. Look carefully at this pic silo door right hand side. Asking $51.92 + postage
JxWNeJ4.jpg

Might be helpful to include links to the sellers site or eBay links.

Monsta Edit: Not in this forum thanks. We have a specific location for that. This is (I believe) an effort for @58FB to give some direction on how to find diamonds in the rough, or possibly some razors that might be easy fixes for cheaper prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the issues here. Would you consider either or both of these to be an easy fix?

Both are fixable in the case of the Slim I would look at the bottom plate first. In the case of the Flare Tip it's minor but adjustment fairly simple. Please note in the case of the Slim it has gone through something pretty hard to achieve what appears in the pic maybe in the flesh it's not to bad, pics can over exzagerate

Wrong forum again @58FB - please make sure these go into the correct location.

It also reads like you are putting these up for sale, please be careful with your titles, and the content of the posts.

Might be helpful to include links to the sellers site or eBay links.

Monsta Edit: Not in this forum thanks. We have a specific location for that. This is (I believe) an effort for @58FB to give some direction on how to find diamonds in the rough, or possibly some razors that might be easy fixes for cheaper prices.
As you can see from above better not put the link just wanted general thought and some discussion. I'm definitely not selling them otherwise I would be shooting myself in the foot, thought that might be picked up as obvious.

@Monsta_AU np :sorry:

@58FB and correct me where I'm wrong. The Flare tip just requires the right guard to be bent back out. As when the razor is tighten the inside of the guard on the last turn pushes against the silo door strut and forces it up.

The Silm looks stuffed as it could be a few things. Guard for sure. But twisted bottom plate and possible hinge on left deformed. Don't think that was a drop on the bathroom floor. More like they moved house and it was in the bottom of the box and crushed. Wouldn't go near it personally. :hungover:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

You pretty much got it in a nutshell. I've seen worse and sorted in past days, strip the Slim down and it's easier to see what's what.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

You pretty much got it in a nutshell. I've seen worse and sorted in past days, strip the Slim down and it's easier to see what's what.

Great, thought I might be close.
Too scared to strip a slim. Worried the bottom cap retainer would crack and snap. Will leave for someone gamer than me.

I got a black beauty in similar condition to the slim and it took a while but got there in the end.
No idea what gets done to em out there in the wild

Mate, might be time for you to do a youtube video guide?