Review HG Scuttle

Ginge

I decided to get myself a scuttle on decided on HG Scuttles.
After ordering online then speaking to Helena I decided on a custom scuttle that takes 2 to 3 weeks to make and as I was heading back to sea I was in no hurry.
The wait was well worth it and a wonderfully made scuttle, soap bowl and brush bowl arrived and over the last 10 days have been using it.
b41bd64c-f850-4fb6-ab87-7ec73a83f51b.jpg

01abc45cb44bc03e8c7fa46ebc2ab7c3bb86969128.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

On these cold days there's nothing quite like a with a warm lather to keep away the winter chill.
The scuttle is extremely well made and the ridges in the bowl help whipped up the lather effortlessly.
As I am always buy a few samples when I purchase a new tub of soap this scuttle is great for just scooping out a pea size piece to whip up a great lather.
While the great debate about bowl or face lather will always be a personal thing this scuttle is magic to use in the winter months.
I'd like to thank Helena at HG Potteries once again for this fine addition to my collection even a few of the wife's friends have commented on how nice it looks.
I hope this helps anyone thats thinking of a scuttle in the future.

Nice choice of colours @Ginge! Looks to be a beautiful scuttle. Well done. [emoji106]

That is a beautiful scuttle. With the cold weather it would be wonderful. I think a trip to the Dandenongs may be on the cards.

Nice scuttle, @Ginge

Looks like you've got a Rustic Sea theme going on in your design?

Nice @Ginge .
I have the exact same scuttle - but in Bear Brown. Really enjoy it on these cold winter mornings. The only criticism of mine is the amount of water it holds. I think maybe not quite enough to keep things toasty. Do you think it should hold more....or do I have a little variant?

Nice @Ginge .
I have the exact same scuttle - but in Bear Brown. Really enjoy it on these cold winter mornings. The only criticism of mine is the amount of water it holds. I think maybe not quite enough to keep things toasty. Do you think it should hold more....or do I have a little variant?

while i was showering I'd have the scuttle plus bowl filled with boiling water,then I found that if I empty and refill water before the shave it was great for the whole shave
But like you I found that it would cool down during shower so a refill was best way.

while i was showering I'd have the scuttle plus bowl filled with boiling water,then I found that if I empty and refill water before the shave it was great for the whole shave
But like you I found that it would cool down during shower so a refill was best way.
Thanks mate. I play it a little different. I have hot water - from the tap - in the bowl of the scuttle during the shower to soak the brush. Empty and then fill the scuttle innards with hot water - again hottest it comes from the tap - for the lather. I mean the bowl stays warm but not toasty. My main concern is that my expectations are askew.

Thanks mate. I'll try boiling water on the weekend and we'll see the difference.

So as well as room for the scuttle if you get one you need room for a kettle as well?

Thank you for your very generous comments and suggestions. I appreciate it very much!
Larger water reservoir under ridged bowl coming up.

Question: Either / Or
Either: a shallow lather bowl to make room for more water?
Or: a bigger scuttle all round for more water....?

What would we call the new scuttle? "Hot Ginge?"

Cheers, HG Pottery

Administrator edit - No general vendor link in posts thanks. Specific product links are fine.

Last edited by a moderator: