Hi all

extinctary

Hi,
My name is Aaron, I come from Perth. Ive been a wet shaver for quite a number of years, but have been sporting a beard of late. The descision to remove the beard also happened to coincide with a sever case of RAD, SAD an any other shaving related AD you can name. Ive been a member OF B&B for about 10 years or so, but am happy to see an Aussie forum.
Cheers all, happy to be a part of the Aussie shaving community,
Aaron

Welcome :)
What's your go to gear currently?

My go to is a Merkur slant, an favorite brush is the chubby 2. Soaps are a tricky one, but my most reached for is Mikes.
But saying all that Ive got a few slant heads coming from Maggards, and a heap of new artisan soaps, including Squadron. So opinions are possibly going to be changing. Ive got lots to catch up on since ive been on the beard train.

Ha, well I had a first shave with the Phoenix bakelite slant this morning, and it was an amazing shave as well, I think the angle or torque of the blade really helps cut through the whiskers.

Ha, well I had a first shave with the Phoenix bakelite slant this morning, and it was an amazing shave as well, I think the angle or torque of the blade really helps cut through the whiskers.

I got a Maggard Slant head a few months back after reading they were pretty aggressive. I've only used it four times (with different Russian blades each time) but while I have found it to be quite comfortable, I wouldn't describe it as all that efficient. I love my other Maggard heads, though.

Yeah, I wasnt sure how it would compare with other slants, as I havent heard a whole lot about it. I also ordered the Maggards open comb V2, and the V3A, which should make up for the last of agression in the slant. Oh an also, the Ikon slant X3 head. Little bit of a binge.

Welcome to P&C @extinctary - great to have you here and some great gear you are using (y)

Welcome to the forum @extinctary ! The Phoenix bakelite slant does give a great shave - quite aggressive for such a lightweight razor.

Yeah, I wasnt sure how it would compare with other slants, as I havent heard a whole lot about it. I also ordered the Maggards open comb V2, and the V3A, which should make up for the last of agression in the slant. Oh an also, the Ikon slant X3 head. Little bit of a binge.

Yes... I have and like the V2, V3 and the V3a. And I LOVE my new Maggard synthetic brush!

Ugh I'm trying to behave myself as I already have like 3 razors in the mail but damn do I need a slant!

Welcome (belatedly) @extinctary !

Sounds like you are a well into it - but after a hiatus of 10 years you really must need to buy some new kit!