Hi all.

pvsampson

Greetings from the Northern Rivers NSW. I found this place by accident,perusing a Martial Arts forum.Reading a thread about how cornermen/cutmen stop bleeding and styptic sticks were mentioned,so I googled styptics and the search brought me here. Pretty happy it did too.

I have actually been thinking of returning to DE shaving, (I already wet shave with a disposable multi blade),and finding this forum has reinforced that I need to do it. Last time I used a DE was in '87-'88 when I was using a butterfly style regularly,can't remember the brand but I do remember always using Wilkinson blades. After so many years of trying so many different disposable razors and even buying a rechargeable Philips a few years back, I am tired of facial burn and consequent dry skin and rashes.Always used a Palmolive stick,and cheap supermarket brush.

So I am now planning on buying an entry level butterfly,(Parker 99r has caught my eye),a decent synthetic brush maybe 26mm,and some quality sticks or even a cream. Considering Arko sticks as the price seems ok,although the Proraso red cream has piqued my interest. I don't like any eucalyptus or menthol based products.

Will stay with a synthetic brush to start,yet will maybe progress to a nice silvertip one day.Have also considered buying a decent knot and making my own handle from a nice stone, maybe onyx,depending on how well I can shape with my equipment.One day.

I have been reading through a lot of threads here,but I will be asking questions to clarify a few things as I join in. So bear with me,please.

Pete.

Welcome to P&C @pvsampson - great to have you here and I am sure all your questions will be answered (y)

Don't buy A*@O

Welcome @pvsampson . There is a thread on here somewhere called something like 'should everyone's first de razor be a Slim Adjustable?' I don't think there was answer but if you looked it up you would probably find some thoughts on a first razor.

Thanks guys.
Eh @pvsampson if your interested I got a couple free give away's just collecting dust that you might like, both Gillettes to help you get the bug again for wet shaving proper old school style pick one of them let me know & just PM me and i'll sent it out to you. ;)

cq7WBPP.jpg

VUOTKGy.jpg

Eh @pvsampson if your interested I got a couple free give away's just collecting dust that you might like, both Gillettes to help you get the bug again for wet shaving proper old school style pick one of them let me know & just PM me and i'll sent it out to you. ;)

cq7WBPP.jpg

VUOTKGy.jpg

Wow! Dumbfounded. Thanks for the offer,I have sent a message.

(Kids reminded we don't have to leave for half an hour.)

Welcome to P&C. Hopefully some guys can sort you out with advice for modern gear before us vintage guys give you some sort of bug.