Hi All

bomber.79

New member from Melbourne here. Long time wet shaver and member of some of the OS forums. Drifted away from the hobby side of it over the last few years but am just getting reaquainted and was pleased to stumble across a local forum. Looking forward to participating here.
Wayne

Welcome to P&C @bomber.79 - great to have you here (y)

Wayne

Welcome, I think. Unless the 'bomber' username reflects an allegiance to Essendon FC? Could be worse and be Collingwood I suppose...

Anyway, back on topic - welcome, tell us a little about your kit and favourites?

No not a fan of any of the Melbourne teams (clue I moved to MEL from Perth)... The bomber is an old nickname from childhood.

My daily driver over the last few years has been a RazoRock slab loaded with anyone of about two dozen or more blades in my collection although I really like the Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow blades. I've been using a synthetic brush from Larry at Whipped Dog over the same time period. As for soap or cream I have enough to last a life time (you can never have too much) but my wife picked a shave soap from Aldi of all places a year or two back and it's actually not bad. It's big too so it's taking me forever to use it up.

Now that I'm back into the hobby I'll start experimenting again. In fact my last two shaves have been with a GEM MMOC and GEM MMCP respectively. In the post today I received a PAA Atomic Rocket brush so that might get a run next.

No not a fan of any of the Melbourne teams (clue I moved to MEL from Perth)... The bomber is an old nickname from childhood.

My daily driver over the last few years has been a RazoRock slab loaded with anyone of about two dozen or more blades in my collection although I really like the Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow blades. I've been using a synthetic brush from Larry at Whipped Dog over the same time period. As for soap or cream I have enough to last a life time (you can never have too much) but my wife picked a shave soap from Aldi of all places a year or two back and it's actually not bad. It's big too so it's taking me forever to use it up.

Now that I'm back into the hobby I'll start experimenting again. In fact my last two shaves have been with a GEM MMOC and GEM MMCP respectively. In the post today I received a PAA Atomic Rocket brush so that might get a run next.

PHEW!

Sounds like a nice eclectic range you have. We have a Travelling Box going around that you might be eligible to be part of by the time it hits MEL and there is a Sample Box that is going around our Meet Ups this year too. Keep an eye on the Social Squads part of the forum for details.

Thanks for the welcome. A few other points of interest, my ever first shave soap was the Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol and it came in a bigger tub back then, I think it was at least 200ml. First brush was an Omega, the model is no longer available but it was something like the 10029. First DE razor was a Muhle R89.

Welcome @bomber.79

Thanks for the welcome. A few other points of interest, my ever first shave soap was the Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol and it came in a bigger tub back then, I think it was at least 200ml. First brush was an Omega, the model is no longer available but it was something like the 10029. First DE razor was a Muhle R89.

Same first razor as me. I read it was a forgiving razor to start on. Do you find it needs a sharp razor to be effecive. I have 50 wilkinson razors to get through and by then I figure I will be pretty good at it and will try a different blade.