Hi from Australian shaving soap vendor - Washpool

Hello,

I work at Washpool Soaperie, in rural Queensland. We make several men's products, including our wet Shaving Soaps that have good reviews here on this forum.

I'm here as a vendor to answer questions & learn more about what you guys look for in a shaving soap.

Because we are small and handmade we're pretty responsive to customer requests for variations on our products.

We also usually have a few sample pots available of our shaving soaps that are leftovers - you can request a pot with any order by putting "shaving soap sample" in the order notes.

I hope I'm not crossing any vendor lines in this post, let me know if I am!

Cheers,

Michelle

Welcome!

Step one: Run low on bath soap
Step two: Convince the GF you've found a great, small business, eco friendly, Aussie soap manufacturer.
Step three: GF checks em out, loves the company, orders me to buy all the soap.
Step four: Buy soap and sneak a sample pot of shaving soap into the order
Step five: Every time we need more bath soap buy more shaving soap.

Winning.

Awesome :) You made us so happy in the office!

I'm not sure yet if this is the best place to post in the forums about this let me know if there's a better spot. But we were thinking of making a version of our shaving soaps in a puck (but a soft puck not a hard one) that we could wrap in paper labels so that we reduce our packaging. Is that something that interests you guys?

Michelle

Step one: Run low on bath soap
Step two: Convince the GF you've found a great, small business, eco friendly, Aussie soap manufacturer.
Step three: GF checks em out, loves the company, orders me to buy all the soap.
Step four: Buy soap and sneak a sample pot of shaving soap into the order
Step five: Every time we need more bath soap buy more shaving soap.

Winning.

I'm not sure yet if this is the best place to post in the forums about this let me know if there's a better spot. But we were thinking of making a version of our shaving soaps in a puck (but a soft puck not a hard one) that we could wrap in paper labels so that we reduce our packaging. Is that something that interests you guys?

Michelle

I would definitely purchase soap that came that way in the future (once I have empty containers).

Just wanted to relate my experience with @Michelle@Washpool

I put an order in for bath soap (on the GF's orders) and managed to screw up my request for a shaving soap sample. (Asked for "sample" not "shaving soap sample")

Michelle noticed my earlier post in this thread and took the time to go through their orders and noticed my mistake. She reached out to clarify the situation and offered to send out a shaving sample even though my order had already shipped (including an extra sample of their bath soap).

As far as I'm concerned their customer service is beyond excellent and I can't recommend them highly enough.

As far as their products are concerned the bath soaps are amazing and while I'm on the fence for the scent of the shaving soap (more testing to be done) the first lather and shave I had with it was great.

All in all a fantastic small Aussie business.

Michelle
Most of us have empties to spare so a cheaper , paper wrapped product sounds good and certainly environmentally better

Love the wash pool range-
I need to finish off what I have and I’ll be getting more for sure.