Hi from Dugandan.

Spud1

Hi everyone,
I'm a complete newbie wet shaver. I only discovered the P&C forums yesterday when I googled shaving forums Australia.
I have just one DE shaver, a Feather AS D2. I've only tried Feather blades in it but I'm really impressed with that combo.
Just one soap, Proraso eucalyptus and menthol. Also only one shaving brush, a Vie-long horse hair. I'm hoping that I'll pick up heaps of great tips on P&C.
Cheers and all the best everyone.
Trevor.

Welcome @Spud1!

From what I understand, the Feather ASD2 is an impressive razor. I don't think too many of us have them. How did you get started with it?

You'll find lots of good advice and recommendations here.

Enjoy!

Welcome @Spud1 !

Well you have jumped straight to an amazing 'starter kit'! The Feather with a Feather blade is an awesome combination!

Welcome to P&C @Spud1 - great to have you here (y)

The Feather is indeed a great razor and the rest of your gear is also very nice - congratulations to a great start!

Welcome to this great forum, Mate! I wonder if the old weatherboard Boonah pub still exists? My wife and I were there twenty years ago on what all the locals were saying was the hottest day on record. Our car was only 4 months old but Boonah killed our aircon! We took refuge in the pub but I'm sure it was hotter inside than out! Great district, though. Bad luck about this coming Wednesday night for you Queenslanders, though!

Thanks @littleaussiebleeder .
Yes the old weatherboard pub is still there.
It's more like a restaurant now though, people just don't drink at pubs like they once did.
I really don't mind who wins the first state of origin as long as Queensland wins the series.

Thanks @littleaussiebleeder .
Yes the old weatherboard pub is still there.
It's more like a restaurant now though, people just don't drink at pubs like they once did.
I really don't mind who wins the first state of origin as long as Queensland wins the series.

Yes... the pub wasn't exactly crowded when we were there! Queensland to win the series without JT, Slater & GI? We'll see! I have to give it to you mob... you don't quit easily! My mum was from Ravenswood near Charters Towers, and she would have laid me out if she had heard me bagging the Maroons! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Welcome to the forum! Where the banter is always light-hearted, unless shaving gear is involved.

For example... Rugby league isn't a real sport. It doesn't matter who wins, because nobody cares! Run, cuddle, fall down, rinse, repeat, snore.

I pretty much only watch three NRL games a year! I am a Swans follower and second is GWS! I even played a couple of games while in the Army As a six foot two Rugby Union fullback, the coach mistakenly thought I might be useful in his Aussie Rules team. But in those days there were many top-shelf AFL players serving there as National Servicemen and they all seemed hell-bent on running up my back and bashing the top of my head!

Welcome mate. Always good to have more Qld'ers in the mix. In-laws are at Cedar Vale, so down that way quite often. Great part of the woods :)

I pretty much only watch three NRL games a year! I am a Swans follower and second is GWS! I even played a couple of games while in the Army As a six foot two Rugby Union fullback, the coach mistakenly thought I might be useful in his Aussie Rules team. But in those days there were many top-shelf AFL players serving there as National Servicemen and they all seemed hell-bent on running up my back and bashing the top of my head!

I don't know anything about AFL... I'm a Collingwood supporter since the 70's.

I love going to Wallabies games. We used to go to heaps when living in Perth. The best night was when the Boks came to town. Starting the chant to put Percy Montgomery off his game was great fun! I have never seen so many Kiwis become Aussies for a night. Was an awesome game, and lots of fun in the stands. The back and forth with the South African contingent was excellent, and everyone had a laugh, shook hands at the end of the night and went our own ways.

Welcome Trevor!!
Hope you enjoy your time here.

You've got a nice set-up there. You would benefit, and enjoy, trying some more soaps I reckon.