Hi from Perth

no47

Hi all, thought I'd finally join up after many months of reading and digesting!

After a lifetime of forking out for Gillette Mach 3 blades, and a desire to be a 'proper' shaver, I decided to take the plunge and go down the DE route.

Lots of reading later and I settled on a 34C and a few bits from Geo F Trumper. That was 12 months ago.

I have now spent a small fortune on more 'stuff' and my side of the bathroom cabinet (which was always pretty empty) is now comparable to the wife's side......:shame:.

I've managed a few nicks and cuts here and there, but no amputations...thus far. My regime is both face and head (skins in...!!) and my daily drivers are either my 34C or my 37C slant. When I'm in a particularly brave mood I let the R41 out for a spin...although she scares me....a lot!

I started off with a party pack of blades, and tried them in order and now only use feathers. I'm generally a Proraso green cream kinda guy, whipped in a Japanese suribachi bowl with a Razorock plissoft, and finish off with alum, Thayer's, and a dash of Trumper's Skin food.
Thanks for having me!

Welcome @no47 !

Sounds like a great start - well done :)

Welcome to P&C @no47 - great to have you here (y)

And don't be afraid of the R41....
@no47 always watch your back for you know who and he can be very spooky because he loves watching you shave with the R41.

Icoxfek.jpg

THAT is why it scares me....I had to spend some serious time with Mrs Styptic after a particularly vicious encounter with Freddie and his R41
I thought you were still living with the Addams family and you won't have any problems with Freddy, because both of you loves to play nasty and dirty shaves together in the bathroom with the R41 :D:LOL:;)