Hi from Sydney

Stormridah

Hello all

only been wet shaving for a few weeks and loving it so far. Previously was using electric and cartridge shavers, it was more like a chore but wet shaving is fun and therapeutic 😀

currently using a de89 and some Proraso soaps but already thinking of my next razor and soaps

Just at tip of the rabbit hole but it's been fun so far.

Look forward to learning and trying new stuff, already thinking of upgrading 🤗

cheers
Daz

Welcome to P&C @Stormridah - great to have you here (y)

G’day @Stormridah another NSW wet shaver, welcome to P&C.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Hello all

only been wet shaving for a few weeks and loving it so far. Previously was using electric and cartridge shavers, it was more like a chore but wet shaving is fun and therapeutic 😀

currently using a de89 and some Proraso soaps but already thinking of my next razor and soaps

Just at tip of the rabbit hole but it's been fun so far.

Look forward to learning and trying new stuff, already thinking of upgrading 🤗

cheers
Daz
Welcome, nice to have you here.

Welcome @Stormridah if you want to introduce some variety and keep costs down you could experiment with different blades in the de89
For starters because the gravitational pull of the rabbit hole will eventually pull you in :)
What blades and brush are you using?

Welcome @Stormridah if you want to introduce some variety and keep costs down you could experiment with different blades in the de89
For starters because the gravitational pull of the rabbit hole will eventually pull you in :)
What blades and brush are you using?

Hi there currently using a Proraso brush and some Astra greens. I bought a sample pack from beardandblade had about 5 different types

not game enough to try the included feather just yet

not game enough to try the included feather just yet
(y) Build your confidence first. TBH if you are careful and not nicking yourself with Astra's then will be OK with Feather. Astra's are already super sharp but Feather is sharper and therefore more efficient

Hi @Stormridah,

Another newbie here and I can echo the advice from @Holiday. Different blades (and soaps) will make all the difference. I too started with a Beard & Blade sample pack of blades and some Proraso soap.

This was all good quality stuff and the perfect way to get started, but then I found Vshod. This Is a great site to try out some really good blades at a great price. Everyone will have different favourites, but for me the Gillette blades have been outstanding. I’ve found the the 7 o’clock Yellows and the 7 o’clock Blacks to both be very smooth, the Nacets to me are as sharp as Feathers, and my new faves are the Gillette Silver Blues. For me the are just behind the Nacets in sharpness but ultra smooth.

Then there is soap.... This can become expensive but the performance of the quality artisan soap bases makes it worth the the extra $$. I’ve recently picked up some from Stirling, Barrister and Mann and Ariana & Evans and they are all outstanding. As with blades, everyone will have their faves here too and to me A&E is the winner out of these 3.

Enjoy the ride mate 😎

Last edited: