Hi From Tassie

I will work on that. I have a lot of work to do with scents, I kept it simple to start with but I am keen to take if further. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH
Good luck, there's a lot to learn. I freely admit I'm a peasant when it comes to scents. I sometimes think I should make regular visits to fragrance counters just to learn more, but I find I get overwhelmed as soon as I walk into the shop.

Oh no, please not patchouli! The slightest amount of patchouli makes everything smell ONLY of that for me. And ylang-ylang is as bad... :(

:watching:
Oh no, please not patchouli! The slightest amount of patchouli makes everything smell ONLY of that for me. And ylang-ylang is as bad... :(

Patchouli if added very mildly, will really bring out the lavender and the warmth in the scent profile. It's like a Ying and Yang ( not ylang ylang :D) relationship forging the top and base note together.
I used to hate the stuff with a passion. Since being a bit adventurous with moar artisan shave soaps, I have begun to really enjoy its scent note for its fragrance boosting properties, not the scent itself.

:watching:

Patchouli if added very mildly, will really bring out the lavender and the warmth in the scent profile. It's like a Ying and Yang ( not ylang ylang :D) relationship forging the top and base note together.
I used to hate the stuff with a passion. Since being a bit adventurous with moar artisan shave soaps, I have begun to really enjoy its scent note for its fragrance boosting properties, not the scent itself.

It isn't really what I had in mind, but I'll give it a go, since Mrs G has already put her money down. TBH my hopes aren't high, though. I have a long-standing antipathy towards patchouli in particular. It's what ruined B&M Cheshire for me, and its presence in combination with another old enemy might be too much. Keep an eye on the BST...

Just a clarification: you use only essential oils - no fragrance oils?

It isn't really what I had in mind, but I'll give it a go, since Mrs G has already put her money down. TBH my hopes aren't high, though. I have a long-standing antipathy towards patchouli in particular. It's what ruined B&M Cheshire for me, and its presence in combination with another old enemy might be too much. Keep an eye on the BST...

Those samples I sent, there are a few scents with little patchouli to warm up your olfactory senses.