Hi y'all!

i was hoping to be able to slip in the back door and quietly lurk/occasionally comment but y'all know that won't work. ;)

Exactly, because ...

I'm in the US so I'll be a bit restricted on topics that apply but still look forward to hanging out here.

That American accent is a dead giveaway!

Welcome mate, tell us a little about your kit and preferences - that is shaving preferences of course :)

BTW, a word of cultural warning - we don't call people 'gentlemen' here. Mate is fine, a variety of curses is OK, but not gentlemen (y)

Welcome to P&C @mpontiff - great to have you here and i too would love to hear a bit about your favourite gear (y)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Uh, favorite gear. It's hard to really say about hardware because each differs in performance. As far as razors go, I'm a big fan of vintage with a Gillette LC NEW probably being the de I reach for most often.

Injectors have spoiled me a bit and I reach for them more than anything. The type Es work really well for me, especially the E 2 and E 3 (US and Canada made).

I can't forget about the vintage SE razors either. Damaskeenes are a great combo of being smooth and efficient but I do love my 1924 as well. I'm pretty excited at the possibility of three new SE Gem type razors coming out this year. I suspect the ATT one will be out of my price range but the other two will probably be more along what I'm willing to pay.

Brushes, I'm not really a brush guy, yet, though I have been buying a few different ones lately. I do love a good badger and have two from Stirling Soap Co which to me are excellent. I've been working on breaking in a Semogue 620 and an Omega 40033 which are coming along nicely. I do have a few synthetics that I reach for when I feel like it but it's mostly been the two boars lately. There is a new badger coming my way in the next few days that I'm looking forward to.

As far as soaps/creams, I heavily favor artisan stuff but Cade Rich is great stuff. I know y'all would have a time getting some of the US artisans to you but my favorites include Barrister & Mann, Dapper Dragon, Beaver Woodwright, Chiseled Face, Bufflehead, Dr. Jon's, Mickey Lee Soapworks, L&L Grooming, Stirling Soap Co. and Tallow + Steel.

AS/toner/salve favorite company is Chatillon Lux, hands down. His stuff feels amazing on the face!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Uh, favorite gear. It's hard to really say about hardware because each differs in performance. As far as razors go, I'm a big fan of vintage with a Gillette LC NEW probably being the de I reach for most often.

Injectors have spoiled me a bit and I reach for them more than anything. The type Es work really well for me, especially the E 2 and E 3 (US and Canada made).

I can't forget about the vintage SE razors either. Damaskeenes are a great combo of being smooth and efficient but I do love my 1924 as well. I'm pretty excited at the possibility of three new SE Gem type razors coming out this year. I suspect the ATT one will be out of my price range but the other two will probably be more along what I'm willing to pay.

Brushes, I'm not really a brush guy, yet, though I have been buying a few different ones lately. I do love a good badger and have two from Stirling Soap Co which to me are excellent. I've been working on breaking in a Semogue 620 and an Omega 40033 which are coming along nicely. I do have a few synthetics that I reach for when I feel like it but it's mostly been the two boars lately. There is a new badger coming my way in the next few days that I'm looking forward to.

As far as soaps/creams, I heavily favor artisan stuff but Cade Rich is great stuff. I know y'all would have a time getting some of the US artisans to you but my favorites include Barrister & Mann, Dapper Dragon, Beaver Woodwright, Chiseled Face, Bufflehead, Dr. Jon's, Mickey Lee Soapworks, L&L Grooming, Stirling Soap Co. and Tallow + Steel.

AS/toner/salve favorite company is Chatillon Lux, hands down. His stuff feels amazing on the face!

A man of impeccable taste clearly!

The LC Gillette NEW is one of the best head designs ever IMHO and that Chatillon Lux is great stuff.

You might want to try the Australian Private Reserve range by @todras here. Incredible scents and very similar face feel to the CL and soap made by @Sxot which lathers amazingly.

Also check out the Squadron Soaps by @SchoolForAnts - another great Aussie product

A man of impeccable taste clearly!

The LC Gillette NEW is one of the best head designs ever IMHO and that Chatillon Lux is great stuff.

You might want to try the Australian Private Reserve range by @todras here. Incredible scents and very similar face feel to the CL and soap made by @Sxot which lathers amazingly.

Also check out the Squadron Soaps by @SchoolForAnts - another great Aussie product

I'll have to look into them, thank you!

i was hoping to be able to slip in the back door and quietly lurk/occasionally comment but y'all know that won't work. ;)

I'm in the US so I'll be a bit restricted on topics that apply but still look forward to hanging out here.
Welcome aboard @mpontiff :)
Good to hear you like SE razors - they are excellent and still quite inexpensive to pick up ... for the moment!