Holidays Badger Den

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Brush looks real nice, and that handle is awesome.. next SOTD appearance let’s have a nice upright pic of the brush thanks 😊

Hi @StratMan hope this helps.

The badger den (most of them)
mb2u935.jpg

@Tony Forsyth, @TroyTools, Sawdust Creations
X74fRw5.jpg

@TroyTools Mink Nebula HMW Fan
The knot socket depth is 14.5mm and diameter is 26.3mm (drilled for a 24mm knot) with a slight flare out at the top couple of mm to help avoid being a lather hog.
Handle height is 65mm, and major diameter is 40mm at the base
inw0Zoo.jpg

@TroyTools Mink Nebula HMW Fan and Sawdust Creations similar sized knot but the Mink Nebula is softer and less splayed which makes it dense and soft without being too tight
EPKHE9p.jpg

Hi @StratMan hope this helps.

The badger den (most of them)
mb2u935.jpg

@Tony Forsyth, @TroyTools, Sawdust Creations
X74fRw5.jpg

@TroyTools Mink Nebula HMW Fan
The knot socket depth is 14.5mm and diameter is 26.3mm (drilled for a 24mm knot) with a slight flare out at the top couple of mm to help avoid being a lather hog.
Handle height is 65mm, and major diameter is 40mm at the base
inw0Zoo.jpg

@TroyTools Mink Nebula HMW Fan and Sawdust Creations similar sized knot but the Mink Nebula is softer and less splayed which makes it dense and soft without being too tight
EPKHE9p.jpg

mate you have certainly helped me.. I felt a bit bad about my latest splurge on brushes but you have made me feel so much better after looking at your collection :)

but you sure have some fine looking brushes there, and I can see exactly what you mean by the density of the knot, thanks for that

now I know you also have a lovely collection of boars.. care to show us those :love:

Amazing collection of Badgers in a variety of styles that I'm struggling to decide which looks best.

I didn't need too much convincing to grab a @TroyTools brush as top quality but do I stop at just one as you're collection makes me lean towards adding a couple or 10... At least I have some time till 2022 to decide... :)

+2 for the collection of boar brushes as they're often underappreciated but equally as special. (y)

@Razor Burn i am loving the boars, took me by surprise but there you go, even badgers are growing on me lately.. looking forward to my @TroyTools brush :cool:
I've hardly used my badgers of late as enjoy the ease of the boar and they're fairly cheap so can be abused :)

I have a few ideas for what my next brush will be but I've seen enough to be convinced it'll be one from @TroyTools :nailbiting:

apologies @Holiday dont want to hijack your topic but this may be of help to @Razor Burn (and we wait for your boar collection :cool:)

take a look at this beauty, from @TroyTools, she's soaking as we speak and ready for a trial/break-in/clean proraso green lather, in a bowl.. i knew the proraso would come in handy :)

51392269466_166f309271.jpg
Ooh, that's nice. @TroyTools clearly has a good eye for a nice line. Always interesting to see how many variations on the keyhole pattern are possible.

apologies @Holiday dont want to hijack your topic but this may be of help to @Razor Burn (and we wait for your boar collection :cool:)

take a look at this beauty, from @TroyTools, she's soaking as we speak and ready for a trial/break-in/clean proraso green lather, in a bowl.. i knew the proraso would come in handy :)

Troy definitely has a knack for setting knots, does a damn good job of pouring and turning resin too - Looks perfect mate!

I have a spare 26mm synth knot that I was keen to add to a custom handle but having enjoyed my boar brushes lately this beauty of yours has convinced me to save my dollars and look at investing in two more brushes - synth & a custom boar. Absolutely love the colours and the keyhole style looks like it will fit great in the hand! ;)

Thank you all for the kind feedback everyone, really chuffed that you guys appreciate my work. I’m away for a month on holidays right now, (can’t stay away from the forum though for some reason) but only too happy to oblige your brush requests when I return to the workshop (with a tan)😀

The HOGs, NAGs and Mixed bunch as requested

Hi fellas the HOGs are more BOARing in their appearance because I have only come across one Boar that I did not get along with because it was too soft. Therefore have not been on a path of discovery like badgers where I was on a mission to find that elusive perfect brush whereas 90% of BOARS in my den are perfect. Even the hard scritchy ones because I like the break in period.

An Omega 10098 on its way thanks to P&C enablers - you should all be in the Dog House :)

5OhULhM.jpg

Beautiful collection @Holiday

I went the opposite way, selling off around 30 badger brushes and keeping just 2:

Simpson Commodore x2 Best
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Cheers @nav1, I like the Duke II Best size and feel it is one of the most balanced badgers with a bit of scritch. How does the Commodore compare? I thought the knot may be too small