Howdy

DougW

Loves a nice razor or two
Hi all, I'm Doug and I live in Adelaide. I have been collecting vintage razors (mainly Gillette) and razor blades for the past 20 months and have built up a very nice collection.....of yeah, brushes as well - oh and shave soaps lol :)
I have only recently re-emerged from the wombat burrow........I spent about the past 12 months, lost down there, endlessly searching for vintage Gillette's.
I'm at a stage now with my collecting that the only Gillette's I need/want are either incredibly rare or incredibly expensive.
My fave razor would be any Aristocrat - my fave blade is vintage Schick Krona's and Gillette Aristocrat blades.
Not sure what else to say - I didn't know about this group until Rod-Aussietanker gave me a heads up after buying some razors from me.
I am on B&B but not active but I do hang around the Vintage Gillette fb page.
I have a proxy address in America with a friend of mine.....she has saved me a packet. I am also a member of a very small international group that collect razors that also offer proxy addresses to it's members.
Cheers for now.

giphy.gif

I’m dead drunk :happy: … welcome to P&C

Welcome @DougW !

So you no doubt know the joys of postage costs from the US then ... [sigh]

Time for another drink!

Welcome to P&C @DougW - great to have you here (y)

Welcome aboard. I too have a collection of old Gillette razors but mainly for their historic perspective. I find that they don’t shave as well as modern razors. YMMV of course.

Welcome aboard. I too have a collection of old Gillette razors but mainly for their historic perspective. I find that they don’t shave as well as modern razors. YMMV of course.

Heretic

Hi all, I'm Doug and I live in Adelaide. I have been collecting vintage razors (mainly Gillette) and razor blades for the past 20 months and have built up a very nice collection.....of yeah, brushes as well - oh and shave soaps lol :)
I have only recently re-emerged from the wombat burrow........I spent about the past 12 months, lost down there, endlessly searching for vintage Gillette's.
I'm at a stage now with my collecting that the only Gillette's I need/want are either incredibly rare or incredibly expensive.
My fave razor would be any Aristocrat - my fave blade is vintage Schick Krona's and Gillette Aristocrat blades.
Not sure what else to say - I didn't know about this group until Rod-Aussietanker gave me a heads up after buying some razors from me.
I am on B&B but not active but I do hang around the Vintage Gillette fb page.
I have a proxy address in America with a friend of mine.....she has saved me a packet. I am also a member of a very small international group that collect razors that also offer proxy addresses to it's members.
Cheers for now.

That's the way to shave and collect..

Soon you will be at the op shop and see all these old Wolfman and Birch bark razors for $5. Whilst we shave with museum piece vintage Gillette knowing we shave in a superior way.

Welcome mate.

Got a spare gold blade bank for a gold Richwood? 🤔😁

Welcome @DougW, would love to see some pictures of your collection.
@Mark1966 is our resident Gillette aficionado, with quite the collection himself. You should get on swimmingly.
I will do sometime soon. I have an older video but it is missing some choice cuts and I've got two boxes of goodies slowly making their way to me from America.