Hows the storage

MrPeanut

Grand Society
Im curious on ideas on how to store/display everything and wanted to see how the community does their thing.

Ive always had to fight the wife for space in the bathroom but ive officially brokered a deal so i need to organise my space and theres now so much room for activities!

My side of the top of the vanity -
  • Toothpaste (for both, her side has soap)
  • Toothbrush (mine, electric)
  • Weekly rotation of weekday vintage butterscotch brushes
  • Lather mug with razor inside

My side of the vanity -
  • top drawer - general stuff (deodorants etc) and small current stash of blades
  • middle drawer - current seasonal selection of soaps
  • bottom drawer - current seasonal selection of aftershaves and EDT/EDP etc
Guest bathroom -
  • Small display cabinet of nice looking razors
Laundry
  • non seasonal soaps / aftershaves / EDT/EDPs etc

Garage -
  • Two display cabinets of razors
  • Display storage cabinet of spare razors and other items

That would be normal right?

My side of the top of the vanity -
  • Toothpaste (for both, her side has soap)
  • Toothbrush (mine, electric)
  • Weekly rotation of weekday vintage butterscotch brushes
  • Lather mug with razor inside

My side of the vanity -
  • top drawer - general stuff (deodorants etc) and small current stash of blades
  • middle drawer - current seasonal selection of soaps
  • bottom drawer - current seasonal selection of aftershaves and EDT/EDP etc
Guest bathroom -
  • Small display cabinet of nice looking razors
Laundry
  • non seasonal soaps / aftershaves / EDT/EDPs etc

Garage -
  • Two display cabinets of razors
  • Display storage cabinet of spare razors and other items

That would be normal right?

Normal!!! It took 15yrs to negotiate 1 draw of three in the bathroom. I have a feeling some of my overflow shaving gear will end up under the house and now as that is turning out the size of a small parking lot the possibilities are endless.:LOL:

Normal!!! It took 15yrs to negotiate 1 draw of three in the bathroom. I have a feeling some of my overflow shaving gear will end up under the house and now as that is turning out the size of a small parking lot the possibilities are endless.:LOL:

Gotta get some things sorted early on in a relationship!

Mine's quite simple, I just have my current razor and brush sitting in a bowl on one side of the washbasin, with my current soap next to it. The rest of my rotation of soaps and blades reside below. Other brushes lined up on the windowsill. A drawer full of backup soaps and blades, along with other bits and pieces like freebies (any number of packs of styptic matches, bullets, whatever) tucked away in the wardrobe, well away from damp and condensation. I'm aiming to ultimately settle on no more than a handful of soaps that I really like (no limit on backups) in order to minimise interference from the Trouble and Strife. She doesn't understand, and I can't change that. :rolleyes:

It helps that I've decided to occupy the guest bathroom for my ablutions - it makes for a quieter shave, so I get my Zen moment... :happy:

Take a look at @Holiday's shave station (it appears from time to time in his SOTDs), it's pretty cool...

BTW, I like the new avatar :D

trzue6S.jpg

Thanks @Gargravarr my little station is very modest compared to @StratMan Cave and @Ozymandias Gerry Can cabinet

I have brushes under control but have outgrown my side of the cabinet

zNY0CDd.jpg

and need to put in a 4th shelf for this lot

dlDUy2C.jpg

Have been wanting to clean up the bottom shelf anyway

I was on looking for a corner cabinet for all my stuff but couldn't find anything we both liked. She's rather cool with, I quote, "all my shit" so it was just a matter of finding something she was happy to free in the bathroom.

So I have this little cabinet, with a custom made razor/brush stand on top. Inside there's 10 soaps, 3 AS's and a couple of samples.

CnM8LPM.jpg

MvBveE1.jpg

dDzpsBD.jpg

For the rest of "my shit", that is the remaining 8 or 9 soaps, 3 creams, two sticks, about 8 AS's and god only knows how many SR's, she reorganised one of the main cabinets in the house so I could have a huge drawer only for my stuff.

Yes. I do love her.

In addition, I have a fancy humidor in the shape of half a wine casket, where I keep 6 of my most precious SR's.

In the storage room, well, that's where all the SR's I am restoring lay around.

And, since we're at it, this is the humidor I was telling you about. There's an empty slot, will have to promote one of the razors in the drawer.

E8s5jXZ.jpg

L9E9hoU.jpg

In order, from the bottom, Palmera 14, Drew Dick chainsaw Damascus 8/8 1/2 Hollow, Mannos 14 dressed by yours truly with the first set of scales I ever made, Heljestrand 4/8, Drew Dick asymmetric grind kamisori, 8/8, bearing ball Damascus.

I keep my razors in the bedroom in two boxes I made. The first is from Bunnings (craft section) and is a hinged wooden box in the shape of a book. You then decorate it to your tastes
ozRsUKK.jpg

Inside I lined it with felt & used balsa wood for supports (I later trimmed the felt up). The box now has 6 straights and is my 'good' rotation
Sq2ssub.jpg

I also made a box for my 'run of the mill' razors from a chocolate box (I couldn't get my hands on a cigar box). It also sits on a table in the bedroom, away from the humid bathroom.
hVl2TC2.jpg

Only this weekend I was finally able to get rid of the last box that was sitting in my wardrobe and move everything into the bathroom. I’ve been moving through my soap collection at a rate of knots. At this rate i may have to start buying soap again in about ten years!

It’s amazing what can happen when you get the RAD, SAD and BAD under control. Might have to get rid of a couple of boars soon too if they keep shedding at the current rate… winning!

Bumping this thread up to see if anyone else will post soap storage pictures… looking for inspiration
I'll send my wife round. She'll organise all your stuff, brushes, razors and all, so it'll fit in an area that might be occupied by a small shoebox.

She did that to me last weekend, and filled up the remaining space with bog roll. The only things I could access were whatever happened to be in front. :mad: I went up in flames, which I rarely do. I informed her that since I put up with most of the house giving space for her various projects, she could *ing well allow me just one little shelf under the smallest washbasin in the smallest bathroom for something that I use every single day. Grrr.