I dont know what 'sabatical' means....so....

no47

...I thought I might treat myself to a new steed :sneaky:. I was looking at a few OC options (something slightly less of an axe crazed murderer than my R41) and had all but settled on either a Razorock Old Type, or a Fatip Piccolo. I want something that delivers a 2 pass (WTG & XTG) DFS/BBS for daily/couple of times weekly use.

Then I started reading about the Rockwell 6s.....and well, now I'm buggered if I know which to go for. The 6s seems to have a lot of good said about it and very little in the way of negative reviews. Is it really as good as they say and, more to the point, worth a hundred and forty of my hard earned dollars, over the other two options which cost considerably less.

:stop::stop::stop: Solved the problem for ya @no47 forget the rest your almost on the right track as far as a Rockwell but grab the 6c a bit cheaper shinier and works bloody fantastically then get in touch with me or @Cris and we will put you onto getting the blades sorted ;);)(y)(y)

:stop::stop::stop: Solved the problem for ya @no47 forget the rest your almost on the right track as far as a Rockwell but grab the 6c a bit cheaper shinier and works bloody fantastically then get in touch with me or @Cris and we will put you onto getting the blades sorted ;);)(y)(y)

Love it!!! Is there much difference between the two...other than shiny-ness.

Intrigued about the blades....I was just going to stick with Feathers....That's the only blade I currently use (after a lot of trial and error with different types) and works well for me. Tell me more....

Intrigued about the blades....I was just going to stick with Feathers....That's the only blade I currently use (after a lot of trial and error with different types) and works well for me. Tell me more....
some say the 6s is better in what way maybe someone who as or has had will tell you but shiny for me and the 6c just delivers the BBS ever

By the way free entry to the first 6 (6c) members of my RW 6c Club :sneaky:

6S is stainless steel. 6C is chrome plated zinc alloy,also collectively known as Zamak.
Zamak is quite brittle comparatively and can also have a self corrosive electrolytic reaction with water.Be careful not to subject the Zamack to hard blows,such as drops, and keep it clean and dry after use and it should last for many years.

@no47
I have a 6c. Love it. It is my daily driver. I use it more than any other razor I own. That should tell you heaps.
I love it so much, I kinda wish I had bought the 6s instead. I suspect the shaves are similar. But the 6s will likely outlive me.

My advice is don't overthink it. There is no 'right' answer. But, there is also no wrong answer. You will be happy with either one of them. (y)

The 6c also doesn’t havent the Rockwell words carved onto the baseplates. The stainless finish is brushed I believe which is less smooth than that of the shiny 6C! I really wnjoyed my 6C until the Karve razor came along! The 6C was and still is one of the smoothest shaves I’ve ever had!

@no47
You also mention that you're looking at OC options...
I have an iKon B1 Open Comb Deluxe: https://www.ikonrazors.com/shop/ikon-razors/b1-open-comb-deluxe/
It's great. Not stupidly aggressive. Yet doesn't break a sweat on even the thickest growth. I would buy it again.

I also have a Gillette New Long Comb. Also excellent if you can find one in good quality. But, it's a lot more aggressive.

I have the 6S for home and the 2C for travel.

It's my favorite razor alongside the merkur progress.

The 6S is better in terms of materials, looks (I don't like shiny things), overall quality and I also like the feel of the bead blasted top cap while shaving.

However, the chrome version gives just about as good a shave, at half the price.

You can't go wrong really...comes down to budget and aesthetic preference.

I'll agree that the 6s is a great razor. For a cheap but mild open comb the maggard oc is a good bit of kit that shaves way better than the price would suggest.cheap enough you could buy a 6c/s and the oc razor.

Ignore all this dross.

There IS a right answer.

The right answer is always - a vintage razor.

Thank you all for coming :)

Ignore all this dross.

There IS a right answer.

The right answer is always - a vintage razor.

Thank you all for coming :)
giphy.gif

Oh and FYI @no47, from what I can gather in the short time I've been in this forum it would be easier to pass a kidney stone the size of an almond through your old fella than pass a Sabatical....IMHO