I want my Fatboy, Slim and Super Adjustable to shave like the Gillette Red Tip.

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day Guys, you know who you are.

I need your help, please. I want my Fatboy, Slim and Super Adjustable to shave the same as the Gillette Red Tip, that's why I'm asking which setting number to set it too, because, it's very smooth on my face using the Gillette Red Tip.

Thank you (y)

Blade gap is only part of the story-
Head geometry, handle length, weight and balance are all factors of equal consideration

A quick google search says the red tip has a gap of .73
the slim and fat boy have a reported
  • Setting 1 - 0.56mm
  • Setting 2 - 0.61mm
  • Setting 3 - 0.66mm
  • Setting 4 - 0.74mm
  • Setting 5 - 0.81mm
  • Setting 6 - 0.89mm
  • Setting 7 - 0.97mm
  • Setting 8 - 1.04mm
  • Setting 9 - 1.14mm
With the black beauty being a little more conservative-
I personally think the figures above for the Adjustables will vary widely as what they actually are on your individual razor are probably different.
basically 4 is your answer however assuming the measurements of Internet randoms are accurate

Last edited:
You bloody ripper (y) I couldn’t find a solid answer on the Red Tip blade gap, unless you’re 100% positive it’s 0.73.

And the Fatboy and Slim is 0.74 on setting number 4 which is very close to a Red Tip

Thanks 🙏 Brother (y)

Why can't you just try each setting on each razor until you find what you like?
As stated, blade gap is just one aspect of how a razor will shave in comparison to another.
Playing Devil's Advocate: Sometimes it's nice to hear other's opinions.

The reasoning behind their answers often sponsor interesting discussion and thoughts.
Also, as a sanity check for your own results. ie: "Hmmm... Why was your conclusion so different to my own?"

I'm (professionally) quite passionate about asking even if I think I know the answer.

Also it's late, I'm tired, and seem to feel the weird need to over-share my thoughts and feelings... It might be bed time. :yawn:

Also it's late, I'm tired, and seem to feel the weird need to over-share my thoughts and feelings... It might be bed time. :yawn:

You haven't been in close proximity to a highly hormonal woman have you? Oh yes, that right ...

A quick google search says the red tip has a gap of .73
the slim and fat boy have a reported
  • Setting 1 - 0.56mm
  • Setting 2 - 0.61mm
  • Setting 3 - 0.66mm
  • Setting 4 - 0.74mm
  • Setting 5 - 0.81mm
  • Setting 6 - 0.89mm
  • Setting 7 - 0.97mm
  • Setting 8 - 1.04mm
  • Setting 9 - 1.14mm

So the gaps for the Slim and the Fatboy are exactly the same?

So the gaps for the Slim and the Fatboy are exactly the same?

Definitely maybe BUT - the head geometry is different. This means that they do shave slightly differently.

Yup i consider them 2 settings off.

A 7 on the slim shaves like 5 on the fatboy.