If you have a refill soap too small for your mug or soap bowl don't panic.

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day all,

Two days ago I forgot to share this to you when a friend was asking me a dumb question that his refill shaving soap was too small for his soap bowl, and I told him go to youtube and look up for 'Geofatboy' and look for a clip called 'Shaving Soap Meltdown' and his issue has been solved.

Any way IF you have the same issue than watch below.

It's not a dumb question. Do that with anything other than a glycerine based soap and you have one fucked up puck. And one pissed off mate.

Everything else you have to grate and pack.

@Drubbing is absolutely right - this is a dangerous method for many many (dare I say all great) soaps!

Good luck with that. Tallow soaps and those containing stearates will not soften by application of heat (whether conventional heat or microwave) it will cook first then burn.

For the original dilemma where soap is incompatibly sized compared to dish - buy another dish or get a grip on yourself :)

Get a crock pot and a pyrex jug, Fill the crock pot so the jug is stable and doesn't float. Set the pot temperature to low and let the temperature rise over about 10-15 minutes. Grate the soap or cut it into smallish cubes and put it into your jug in the water bath/croak pot for about 10 - 20 minutes and the soap will soften. You don't want to melt the soap as that will be too hot and possibly drive off many/most of the Essential oils. When it just starts to soften transfer it to your new bowl with a spoon. Or if it is a soft soap spoon it from one container to the next without heating it and press it to shape with your fingers.

Edit - If you don't have a crock pot, a large pot on the stove with the very lowest heat as above should also work.

Get a crock pot and a pyrex jug, Fill the crock pot so the jug is stable and doesn't float. Set the pot temperature to low and let the temperature rise over about 10-15 minutes. Grate the soap or cut it into smallish cubes and put it into your jug in the water bath/croak pot for about 10 - 20 minutes and the soap will soften. You don't want to melt the soap as that will be too hot and possibly drive off many/most of the Essential oils. When it just starts to soften transfer it to your new bowl with a spoon. Or if it is a soft soap spoon it from one container to the next without heating it and press it to shape with your fingers.

Edit - If you don't have a crock pot, a large pot on the stove with the very lowest heat as above should also work.

@bald as I'll tell him about this and let you know the out-come because this is very interesting can't wait to try this, thanks for sharing this looks very handy idea.

@SpeedyPC, I make shaving soap and this will help him. Just take it slowly. Soap like Arko stick or for that matter any soap you can press your thumb into reasonably easily you should be able to remould into a bowl without heating. I can't remember the term soap makers use but grating smaller bits of soap and combining them and softening with heat can be quite economical.