I'm living dangerously now...

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just ordered some blades to try.
Gillette Winner, Tatra Platinum, and Tiger Platinum.
The last two are Czech blades. Seem to be OK (ish?) going by reports on other forums.
If the Tigers are as good as they are said to be I'll get 100 each.
The 'Winners'...well I don't know if I really want to see Tendulka with an Afro endorsing a blade.
The GSB supply is getting down so thought I'd trial these weird blades so I can include them when I get more GSB's.
Anyone used the Winners, or either of the Tigers?
Note...these Tigers are not the old carbon steel 'box cutter' blades. These are stainless blades designed for razors.

Just ordered some blades to try.
Gillette Winner, Tatra Platinum, and Tiger Platinum.
The last two are Czech blades. Seem to be OK (ish?) going by reports on other forums.
If the Tigers are as good as they are said to be I'll get 100 each.
The 'Winners'...well I don't know if I really want to see Tendulka with an Afro endorsing a blade.
The GSB supply is getting down so thought I'd trial these weird blades so I can include them when I get more GSB's.
Anyone used the Winners, or either of the Tigers?
Note...these Tigers are not the old carbon steel 'box cutter' blades. These are stainless blades designed for razors.
the winners ain't bad according to a mate. I would love to have them even just for putting them in the SOTDs :)

I've used Tigers some time ago. I found them to be in the same class as Treet, Shark, Astra... that kind of blade. Nothing spectacular yet nothing terrible. Somewhat below Voskhod in terms of friendliness to the face.

Mind you I tried them in an EJ 86 and a Progress.

Mind you I tried them in an EJ 86 and a Progress.

Still 2 of the best razors out there in my books...a shame they never produce them out of a more durable material...

Still 2 of the best razors out there in my books...a shame they never produce them out of a more durable material...
I liked them both; I still have the Progress. I either gave away or sold the 86 once I learned how to shave properly.

Isn't the EJ 3One6 a stainless (316) version of the EJ 86?
Edwin Jagger DE86 comes in a black handle with a standard DE89 head

images