Image Hosting Heads Up

TomG

Gentleman Shaver from WA ...
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hi All.
I have been using a image hosting site, and they have suddenly disabled my account for third-party hosting.
So I guess you could say that my account has kicked the bucket (pun intended).
I am not at all happy with this. It is one of the bigger players - if you google the issue, you will find many others are affected. I was only at 1% storage usage, and resizing my images, so not quite sure how this has occurred, but not happy at being held to ransom on the matter.
On the premise that I had hit a date size limit, I have deleted quite a few old images for other (non-shaving) forums, and also tried resizing existing images, but this does not appear to be having any effect on my existing photos/links, hence my posts have "lost" their images.
Apologies for this.
I am exploring alternate options - most receptive to advice on the matter.
Cheers,
TomG

Hi All.
I have been using a image hosting site, and they have suddenly disabled my account for third-party hosting.
So I guess you could say that my account has kicked the bucket (pun intended).
I am not at all happy with this. It is one of the bigger players - if you google the issue, you will find many others are affected. I was only at 1% storage usage, and resizing my images, so not quite sure how this has occurred, but not happy at being held to ransom on the matter.
On the premise that I had hit a date size limit, I have deleted quite a few old images for other (non-shaving) forums, and also tried resizing existing images, but this does not appear to be having any effect on my existing photos/links, hence my posts have "lost" their images.
Apologies for this.
I am exploring alternate options - most receptive to advice on the matter.
Cheers,
TomG
I heard today that they have introduced a new pricing structure which includes having to pay if you want to continue to link to your images. http://photobucket.com/pricing

I guess a lot of forums are going to lose old images now.

Very poor form!

It's happened before and it'll happen again unfortunately.
I lost a load of images from the 90s and early 2000s when yahoo took over flickr, and didn't just create flickr accounts for the old yahoo users. Had been travelling for months and wasn't reading email much at the time so didn't even know it was going to happen.

Yeah pretty poor form the way they went about this. I use imgbb.com too at the moment, was the simplest solution i could find for hosting message board images. Although i had issues with my account using Google single sign on and their support is non existent, literally!

I don't know if any P&C members have been affected yet by this situation, but another (UK based) Forum that I also post at has been hit across the board - dozens of members left stranded.

Yep, check the P&C travel box 4b thread... placeholders in there. I got a warning email the other day. Will see how my motivation to post goes :)

I have always wondered about the business model of storing other people's stuff for nothing - how does that work?

On the basis of a recommendation from another member here I've used Flickr for a while - works for me.

I have always wondered about the business model of storing other people's stuff for nothing - how does that work?

On the basis of a recommendation from another member here I've used Flickr for a while - works for me.
Maybe thats how it works ...get people on board then ramp up the fees :(