Ingrams Menthol Shaving Cream

Saying Boots is like Amcal or Terry White is like saying Coles is like your local milk bar.

Saying Boots is like Amcal or Terry White is like saying Coles is like your local milk bar.

Maybe not the best example. Just trying to describe the kind of store Boots is for those that have never seen one. I know I'd never heard of it prior to my UK trip.

As promised, round 2 with the Boots cream:

IMG_20130327_183233_zpscbe2cdf7.jpg

My process is the same as before, so I'll just comment on the characteristics of the cream.

Scent- in a word, unremarkable. Reminded me of a fairly generic men's deodorant (something like Brut). Not even a hint of menthol that I could notice. In summary I would say the scent is inoffensive, but nothing special.
Performance- no problems here. Plenty of creamy lather for my two passes. Lathers easily (similar to Ingram), but not quick as easily as the beloved Arko.

Overall, this is not really a cream I would recommend. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's also nothing that would make you want to go out of your way to buy it over arko the arko many other arko options :laugh:

To expand on this a bit more- I tend to like items that have at least one stand-out quality. For example, with TOBS Sandalwood I love the scent, with Arko I love the performance and price, with Ingram I enjoy the menthol...uppercut. With the Boots cream, there's just nothing particularly interesting about it. Life's too short for boring shaving products I say!

Once again, big thanks to our UK friend for making this possible.

Checking back in, after 4 more shaves with Ingrams.
It's a keeper- good performance at a good price, and I enjoy the menthol effect. Too bad it isn't more easily available in Aus.

A reminder- I still have one of these to on-send to someone. If you are interested please let me know.

This was a great display of generosity grunter, hopefully you're enjoying your holiday over here.

Nice reviews so far mr626, and your Simmo looks like its bloomed nicely. You're making me wonder about a Berk in pure.

Just a word on the Boots... It is unremarkable but there's typically a Boots store in every largish town... So if you have a pogotonomical emergency in Pommieland it could get you out of that situation (and it only costs about £1/A$1.50ish)

I have got a package from Mr626 today. Haven't ripped into it as yet.

Will give the Ingrams a stern test. I haven't shaved since the 24th March I think :amazed:

mr626- Glad you got on with the Ingram's.
Don't knock your 'Shave' cream.At least it gives you a choice in Oz. In NZ your only choice was Palmolive,Palmolive or ...Palmolive! Oh apart from one filthy 20 year old jar of Tabac I found.. and surprisingly didn't buy.
Now safely back home having stopped of in Hong Kong which from a shaving perspective was a disappointment. It's part of China so I was expecting to find all sorts of exotic blades to bring back. Nearly everywhere only seems to sell the Schick cartridge system. I found one shop selling DE blades, and they were kept in the stockroom so I only got a couple of dusty packs of Gillette Super Blues:sad2:

SmallYetDeadly- Have you been overcome by the killer mentholy fumes of the Ingrams?:worried:

Sorry grunter.

I grew a beard. I will be giving the ingrams it's first run tonight or in the morning.

Will post initial thoughts ASAP!

1 Pound for this stuff eh? That is a superb value. Definitely superior to the Godrej Rich Foam which has been my cheapie cream of choice.

The menthol is nice, surprisingly I can't compare to the proraso cream as I have still never tried it :laugh:

The cream came out of the tube looking almost like it had seperated slightly? Still whipped up an easy lather that had a good balance of cushion and slickness. The menthol wasn't overpowering but definitely built over the shave to be very refreshing during the cleanup stages and for a few minutes after exiting the den. Plenty of lather for multiple passes from a dollop of cream.

I'll continue on with it and see if it keeps performing well. You may get an order via PM when it runs low grunter! Thanks again for the generous PiF!

Where you at Spyne?

I'm sure one of the lucky recipients could squeeze a bit into an envelope for you to try...

Any chance to get in on the PIF for the Ingrams?

There's still a whole unopened tube (along with some random additions I included) packaged up and waiting for me to send it somewhere. Happy to send it your way if you are interested- shoot me a PM

1 Pound for this stuff eh? That is a superb value. Definitely superior to the Godrej Rich Foam which has been my cheapie cream of choice.

The menthol is nice, surprisingly I can't compare to the proraso cream as I have still never tried it :laugh:

The cream came out of the tube looking almost like it had seperated slightly? Still whipped up an easy lather that had a good balance of cushion and slickness. The menthol wasn't overpowering but definitely built over the shave to be very refreshing during the cleanup stages and for a few minutes after exiting the den. Plenty of lather for multiple passes from a dollop of cream.

I'll continue on with it and see if it keeps performing well. You may get an order via PM when it runs low grunter! Thanks again for the generous PiF!

I'm glad you are getting on with it.Having seen the mark up on British shaving products whilst in your fair land recently, if you want anymore I reckon AUS$20 a tube (including postage from UK)should cover it:laugh:

I'm glad you are getting on with it.Having seen the mark up on British shaving products whilst in your fair land recently, if you want anymore I reckon AUS$20 a tube (including postage from UK)should cover it:laugh:

Sounds like you grasped the fundamentals of the Australian retail market during your short stay :laugh: