Is this a Scammer on ebay?

Vittocia

There is an eBay seller selling NOS Fatboy,slim and super speed Gillette's claiming all are brand new
nobody has or can get this many new razors
(not sure if I can say his username on P&C ?)

I just searched ebay with Gillette Fatboy NOS and there were about 5 items come up from a seller I've purchased from last year. The razors I received appeared to be the goods but I put them aside so I haven't been using them. I wouldn't have thought they'd have maintained positive feedback for this long if they were dodgy restorations. I was happy with what I'd received but maybe I need to pull out the razors and have another look. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Be interested if anybody else has had anything to do with them.

I just searched ebay with Gillette Fatboy NOS and there were about 5 items come up from a seller I've purchased from last year. The razors I received appeared to be the goods but I put them aside so I haven't been using them. I wouldn't have thought they'd have maintained positive feedback for this long if they were dodgy restorations. I was happy with what I'd received but maybe I need to pull out the razors and have another look. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Be interested if anybody else has had anything to do with them.
If your happy and its a nice razor that's good Pbgoose
my issue is the amount of times he has had NOS Razors
as you know these things are quite rare
i myself had a fatboy replated in rhodium it looks beautiful but it not (New old Stock or brand new)
It fact it look like s--t when I received it also from eBay
I got it cheap to replate it the replating cost me $58 the Razor $30

@Paul Smith wow that looks like a serious collector off loading their Gillette collection (at a guess).
Looks legit as the background is consistent and most look NOS though one looks dull and used. Spoiler link so for RAD members beware.

Ya mate to me it smells a bit
I tried some years ago to buy a brand new fatboy
and only found a hand full
the cheapest of the them was $650AU I think it was about 2010
I have some in cases but none are this good
in the feedback he has sold heeps of them and others
I personally think it is a con and buyers are buying a refurbished razor
and case
sorry crocks get up my nose
Paul

Last edited:
I don't think these are NOS at all, likely mated with loose cases and found blades. In most cases the paperwork is missing which I would forcefully insist should be included with a NOS item.

That said, if they are replates (and the replate is decent quality) and the action/blade gap is all good then at the pricing shown it isn't what I would call a rip. The days of VGC original-plate Gillettes at $35 delivered are gone, and I would not be paying much more than USD$100 for a Fatboy outside of delivery. In most cases I would sent it to MyMallBox and consolidate with a few other things to beat the ridiculous Global Shipping Program costs.

If it's more expensive I would probably buy a new, modern Stainless razor.

I don't think these are NOS at all, likely mated with loose cases and found blades. In most cases the paperwork is missing which I would forcefully insist should be included with a NOS item.

That said, if they are replates (and the replate is decent quality) and the action/blade gap is all good then at the pricing shown it isn't what I would call a rip. The days of VGC original-plate Gillettes at $35 delivered are gone, and I would not be paying much more than USD$100 for a Fatboy outside of delivery. In most cases I would sent it to MyMallBox and consolidate with a few other things to beat the ridiculous Global Shipping Program costs.

Oh of course, I hadn't thought about the paperwork. Having said that, one of the slims I bought didn't claim to be NOS, just 'mint' so no misrepresentation there. I did purchase a 'New' Slim which even if it's not NOS was still reasonably priced for being cased and in excellent (like new) condition. The clincher for me was I'd been collecting vintage Slims and Fatboys for some time with the idea of sending the pick of them to Razor Emporium for refurbishment which by the time the exercise is completed costs around $300/razor (rhodium plated). This made the eBay Slim purchases look very economical and as I said before I was happy with the razors I received.

I will still send something to Razor Emporium, maybe just the Slim I got from my Father In Law, due to it's sentimental value, but waiting for a more budget friendly opportunity, like maybe an improvement in exchange rates.

Good argument, whether to buy modern Stainless over vintage. I do not at all regret what I spent on purchasing Fatboy 'Sophie' and having it refurbished at Razor Emporium. I love owning and using a beautiful vintage razor that I can have confidence has been stripped, cleaned, refinished and reassembled to 'like new' condition. Should I have spent the money on say a Rex Ambassador. I don't really know as I don't own one but I aspire to owning both.:) Are you looking for an enablers award @Monsta_AU ?

Here Here Mate this giant cooperation seems to turn a blind eye more and in the name of making money
:mad:
Paul