Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
For those not on sabbatical what has the New Year brought you?

Post details here of your new acquisitions, shave related or just interesting. Of course pictures are encouraged, we love to drool over your latest and greatest.

Well I'm glad that I'm not on Sabbatical no longer and will be happy to post here when the appropriate time has come... [emoji41]

Bloody hell, 1 hr 28mins into 2017 and you have already earned yourself a banner - that has gotta be some kind of record :D

I don't think so @todras unless @filobiblic has already walk into @Monsta_AU minefield by mistake and got himself a very early 2017 Sabbatical Fail banner????

IObkfIt.jpg

Missed out on posting this in December thread... Mum found this while she was cleaning out Nanna's unit...

QMWUQcf.jpg

M1kToQw.jpg

RQLfpaY.jpg

IhSIkuP.jpg

7N0NwT3.jpg

Hopefully someone might know something about it?
A Crown & Sword, made by Ern. A Solingen razor that shaves beautifully. The box is for a different razor (Bengall). I'm sure there are many others here that could help you with condition, but to me this looks like it could be restored into a cracking razor. Lucky you.

Missed out on posting this in December thread... Mum found this while she was cleaning out Nanna's unit...

QMWUQcf.jpg

M1kToQw.jpg

RQLfpaY.jpg

IhSIkuP.jpg

7N0NwT3.jpg

Hopefully someone might know something about it?

Have 3 of these. As said looks like it's in good shape for a clean up and hone. Has a little extra wear at the toe but bevel looks clear of rust so worth the effort. Good luck

Tony Forsyth High Mountain White 2-band brush (26mm plug, 28mm socket, 52.7mm loft).

One shave in and quite impressed. Will post a review after 4 days use. Initial impressions are super soft tips with great backbone (we thought we may have set too low loft but it's great for me).

1a135598afa01541c20a037b4b1c7155.jpg

Todays mail call, knew this was on its way but didn't expect it to arrive so quickly........ thought i was going to collect something else.

Gillette Aristocrat #16. Now just need to find a case to suit.
IMG_20170102_170404237.jpg

That's looks minty.

Last edited by a moderator:
dyAHZWd.jpg

AOS NOS Tallow Sandalwood pucks courtesy of the Brooklyn E-Bay vendor with the big stash.

The first of many late December orders has arrived :)

I presume that the AOS NOS Tallow is better than their current rubbish ...

Status
Not open for further replies.