Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
For those not on sabbatical what has the New Year brought you?

Post details here of your new acquisitions, shave related or just interesting. Of course pictures are encouraged, we love to drool over your latest and greatest.

Remember though - we don't host images directly on the forum. You will need to host on sites like Flickr or Imgur and use them to generate a BBCode link, see instructions for Flickr and Imgur respectively. Alternatively you can use services like TinyPic, use 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards' or Postimage, use 'Hotlink for forums' to generate links. In all cases it is helpful to resize images with the last two sites recommending 640*480 for forums.

For those not on sabbatical what has the New Year brought you?

@Mark1966 I'm on a sabbatical (@todras rub rub :facepalm:) and I'll be bringing & posting here with my 2018 acquisitions so you can either gloat or strip me of my banner :nailbiting:

@Monsta_AU Know you are aware BBCode supports image resizing but can the host system as well? Or constrain using BBcode on insert? Thinking out loud.

96AAtg1.jpg

Well I completed my unwin LOTR Collection.. these where the editions my parents had when I was a kid and I love these books.
Also other Mark (@mark123abc0) gave me the hook up with another tub of 42 in order to see me through the dark times, the usual P&C currency of blades was used.
I’m considering my next knife purchase however i have concerns
If I buy a knife and it removes hair have I failed the sabbatical..

Well I completed my unwin LOTR Collection.. these where the editions my parents had when I was a kid and I love these books.

Beautiful set and so well written :)

I'm taking a break from posting my acquisitions as I find it fairly time consuming, anything new I get will come up in my SOTD posts eventually :)

Beautiful set and so well written :)

I'm taking a break from posting my acquisitions as I find it fairly time consuming, anything new I get will come up in my SOTD posts eventually :)
I have to admit, I have been waiting for an acquisition in which you add an extra room of perhaps a compactus to the bathroom, I personally forget what I have at times and I have under 10 soaps lol
The books are brilliant in that they cost under $50 for the lot shipped and they have that sentimental value dispite not being the originals as I read those to death, I do have the books on the kobo but holding an actual book is just so much better in my opinion

I have to admit, I have been waiting for an acquisition in which you add an extra room of perhaps a compactus to the bathroom,

I know it's like that, I keep the soaps and splashes in 200l tubs, I have almost 5 filled with the stuff. The other thing is a lot of artisans send me stuff (and I send them stuff) so there is always something arriving and I am never sure whether I can post it as its often soap, splashes or EDT's that have not released yet... so that is mainly why I'm pulling back from posting acquisitions. I also buy a reasonable amount of soap and splash retail and it's just so time consuming posting it all, I feel awkward and embarrassed to at monopolizing the acquisitions thread with posts.

I know it's like that, I keep the soaps and splashes in 200l tubs, I have almost 5 filled with the stuff. The other thing is a lot of artisans send me stuff (and I send them stuff) so there is always something arriving and I am never sure whether I can post it as its often soap, splashes or EDT's that have not released yet... so that is mainly why I'm pulling back from posting acquisitions. I also buy a reasonable amount of soap and splash retail and it's just so time consuming posting it all, I feel awkward and embarrassed to at monopolizing the acquisitions thread with posts.
Don’t be embarrassed by your good work and good fortune, being in the position you are is something many of us don’t have the skills for, so we live vicariously through your acquisitions :)
Plus it introduces many of us not as connected to the world of artisan soap production to the new stuff

Don’t be embarrassed by your good work and good fortune, being in the position you are is something many of us don’t have the skills for, so we live vicariously through your acquisitions :)
Plus it introduces many of us not as connected to the world of artisan soap production to the new stuff

That's a good point, if people don't mind hearing about the new releases I will talk them through/mini review with any observations a bit in my SOTD's or (less likely due to time) post reviews.

Mate,
Your acquisitions posts are educational and I look forward to them for at least that reason alone :)

Ji6GOrN.jpg
Spyderco Delica 4.
Beautiful bit of VG-10 steel from japan, ergonomics are fantastic and I was able to buy it at a brick n mortar store for an eBay price.
Ps store also sells Boker razors :)

Ji6GOrN.jpg
Spyderco Delica 4.
Beautiful bit of VG-10 steel from japan, ergonomics are fantastic and I was able to buy it at a brick n mortar store for an eBay price.
Ps store also sells Boker razors :)
Ever notice my knife posts get as many likes as my shave related posts?
Clearly this is just the pointy things enthusiast forum.

Ever notice my knife posts get as many likes as my shave related posts?
Clearly this is just the pointy things enthusiast forum.

You mean that ISN'T for shaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.