January 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

6.png

And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
With a ring at the end of his nose,
His nose,
His nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.

My Forgotten Art "Tarkine" brush hasn't seen much use lately, as I got a bit bored with the Tuxedo knot, so I took @Ebonysw45's advice and cannibalised an Omega 28mm boar. The Omega knot was so easy to get out of the handle, I have the impression the handle is meant to be thrown away. For a supposedly 28mm knot, it was quite a sloppy fit in the 26mm socket, the only trimming I did was to flatten off the daggy bits at the bottom of the plug.

Fortunately the knot doesn't stink, so I can take my time breaking it in.

I’m glad you kept it.

IMG-20220113-141539.jpg

My cup runneth over: 3 packages in one day. My tub of Windsor from @rhodes96 is down to its last quarter, and I don't want to run out. The Wholly Kaw (WCS) lavender is the result of a heads-up from @SpeedyPC. I'm now not quite sure why I ordered this, as I'm heading more and more towards hard soaps, and this is a very sloppy cream, but I'll keep an open mind. The Fine is a pretty obvious homage to O&C, so it'll be interesting to see how it compares.

Thanks, Mate. Identical base to Tabac (tallow); nicer scent IMHO, but I also enjoy Tabac scent.

I remember when it became unobtainium ...

I'm finally jumping aboard the Wizamet bandwagon, I hope I enjoy them as much as many people on here do. Tomorrow morning will be the first test.
The brush pretty much completes my trial pack for a mate who is nearly into a deep, deep rabbit-hole without even knowing it...

Always good to get a parcel with the Pasteur name on it ...

4Jnz0lil.jpg

... although it was kinda rattling ...

35l2AJ3l.jpg

... and now I know why :cry:

Not at all happy with the packaging from Pasteur I can tell you. Some bubble wrap chucked on top, the splash in a padded bag, but the soaps rattling around pretty much unprotected.

Disappointing.

Not at all happy with the packaging from Pasteur I can tell you. Some bubble wrap chucked on top, the splash in a padded bag, but the soaps rattling around pretty much unprotected.

Disappointing.

I order a lot from Italian Barber in Canada and they are the same. Thankfully I've never received anything damaged but the handful of packing peanuts they throw in do absolutely nothing to cushion any rough handling.