January 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

I order a lot from Italian Barber in Canada and they are the same. Thankfully I've never received anything damaged but the handful of packing peanuts they throw in do absolutely nothing to cushion any rough handling.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that this would/could have been damaged in the domestic leg of the postage.

It stands in stark contrast to the packaging of ALL the local suppliers I've dealt with - who all wrap each item individually. The 'price' you pay for minimum (US) wage staff and 'free' postage.

Always good to get a parcel with the Pasteur name on it ...

4Jnz0lil.jpg

... although it was kinda rattling ...

35l2AJ3l.jpg

... and now I know why :cry:

Not at all happy with the packaging from Pasteur I can tell you. Some bubble wrap chucked on top, the splash in a padded bag, but the soaps rattling around pretty much unprotected.

Disappointing.
I hope you've learned you're lesson @Mark1966 not to order again directly from Pasteur.

Edit:- Also..... Great to see Blue Devil Aussie soap at Pasteur..... BLOODY RIPPER!!!!!

Last edited:
I hope you've learned you're lesson @Mark1966 not to order again directly from Pasteur.

Edit:- Also..... Great to see Blue Devil Aussie soap at Pasteur..... BLOODY RIPPER!!!!!

Only place that stocks this!

fyE5Ou2.jpg

I recently sharpened my knives using a Suehiro 1K/3K whetstone, but wasn't overwhelmed with the results. I have been reading about lapping stones, so slipped off to Bunnings and found a nice glass smooth tile ($1), and a couple of sheets of 360 grit wet and dry ($3). Drew a grid on the face of the stones, then wet the paper and tile and proceeded to flatten them in no time.
Now hopefully I can get a better edge, and this will come in handy when/if I get a 12K stone for my straight.

These arrived today. One aftershave balm and the rest soaps and creams. Some I’ve never used before so really looking forward to trying them.

LErJRcD.jpg

WOW, you were feeling sexy !

These arrived today. One aftershave balm and the rest soaps and creams. Some I’ve never used before so really looking forward to trying them.
Wow, that's an impressive haul. It looks like you really endorse the T&H creams - good to know. (y) I've never tried them, but that could change... :unsure: