Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Happy New [Financial] Year!

Time to complete those tax returns to get some spending money for more gear - show us what you have here.

Pics are MUCH loved :)

Got Balm

dcf8fdfbed7742f472a2444f947c1463.jpg

66bac6057c2141394382003e2d393ee4.jpg

Got my Ogallalla lime and peppercorn bay rum aftershave. I reckon its a good pair up with the Anne Bonny.

@TomG it smells very nice. Great on cloves initially, then the woodier and pepperish side surfaces over time. I splashed some on my hand, and scent still lingers after a good few hours.

So, First of the month and already have deliveries, new watch to reward myself for the first 3 months off the smokes and a couple of new A/S because I cant help myself. honestly that's it for me this year I have more soaps,razors (with another still in the post) and now A/S than i need......who am I kidding of course I'll buy more, shaver heaven is clearing out for a start and I need more Myrsol

65Or5lKl.jpg

y26m5rjl.jpg

Well it arrived today, so...
4_Certificate_zpsncgh1tjl.jpg

Now the biggest question - which head should get first dips - maybe I should start a poll :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
5_OnBBS_zpsp7bptfcc.jpg

6_OnWolf_zpsnxzprprn.jpg

7_OnWeber_zpsz3aqumkf.jpg

That is a MONSTER!

Hey - Happy shaving :)

G'day I've arrived home an hour ago from DC.........bloody freezing weather :mad::oops:

Mail call:-

1. From @shavetheman received two 120ml tube of The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm
2. 4 DE handles a iKon Bulldog Handle, iKon OSS Handle, iKon Bamboo Handle & Weber Razor Classic Handle
3. Two DE razor head a Muhle R41 & R89
4. Two Whipped Dog Silvertip Badger brushes from Larry for my brother and me a 24mm knot with a 48mm loft
5. A Fine Lather Bowl - Blue & White
6. Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap

Well it arrived today, so...
4_Certificate_zpsncgh1tjl.jpg

Now the biggest question - which head should get first dips - maybe I should start a poll :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
5_OnBBS_zpsp7bptfcc.jpg

6_OnWolf_zpsnxzprprn.jpg

7_OnWeber_zpsz3aqumkf.jpg

@alfredus that looks like a bloody HUGE UFO handle, Why? a huge fat handle is you're razor not heavy enough to cut you're very thick hairy beard :p:D

Handle is fat (20mm), but light (~110g) because Titanium - so basically I have a large handle (for my large paws) but a similar weight than a much smaller stainless steel handle...

Rafael released 9 of those, I always wanted to try a UFO so I went for it. I admit if I had the choice, I would have gone 10-15mm longer and maybe a couple mm thinner - butt beggars can't be choosers and it feels amazing so I will give it a go :D

G'day I've arrived home an hour ago from DC.........bloody freezing weather :mad::oops:

Mail call:-

1. From @shavetheman received two 120ml tube of The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm
2. 4 DE handles a iKon Bulldog Handle, iKon OSS Handle, iKon Bamboo Handle & Weber Razor Classic Handle
3. Two DE razor head a Muhle R41 & R89
4. Two Whipped Dog Silvertip Badger brushes from Larry for my brother and me a 24mm knot with a 48mm loft
5. A Fine Lather Bowl - Blue & White
6. Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap

I'd go away overseas more often if it's going to be mean being welcomed home with that many mail calls!!!

I'd go away overseas more often if it's going to be mean being welcomed home with that many mail calls!!!

@filobiblic I'll tell you the greatest news when I came home seeing so many goodies is because my brother is not home for another 2 weeks, why? because he always steal all my goodies while I'm away ;) Well not any more from now because all my goodies are going into a metal army footlocker to keep him out ;)(y)

Handle is fat (20mm), but light (~110g) because Titanium - so basically I have a large handle (for my large paws) but a similar weight than a much smaller stainless steel handle...

Rafael released 9 of those, I always wanted to try a UFO so I went for it. I admit if I had the choice, I would have gone 10-15mm longer and maybe a couple mm thinner - butt beggars can't be choosers and it feels amazing so I will give it a go :D

Nice work, @alfredus. You will of course understand my interest in this handle, and the materials of construction. Thanks for the excellent photos - look forward to your performance review.

66bac6057c2141394382003e2d393ee4.jpg

Got my Ogallalla lime and peppercorn bay rum aftershave. I reckon its a good pair up with the Anne Bonny.

@TomG it smells very nice. Great on cloves initially, then the woodier and pepperish side surfaces over time. I splashed some on my hand, and scent still lingers after a good few hours.

Cheers @silver. Some find the Ogallala bay rum range a bit strong on the clove side, but I love it. It is sometimes under appreciated for its i greediness list - it is wonderful for the skin.
Did you pick up any lime?

Cheers @silver. Some find the Ogallala bay rum range a bit strong on the clove side, but I love it. It is sometimes under appreciated for its i greediness list - it is wonderful for the skin.

Yea similiar here, the clove is strong, but it slowly reveals other layers, the bay leaves, pepper. Couldn't specifically pick up the lime, but definitely some acidic scent going on in there.
Paired with the Anne Bonny I used tonight, it further brings out the acidity. Initial application causes some burn! Then wow, skin feels realllllly great.

Upon pouring it out of the bottle, even after vigorous shaking, I can see oil patches on the surface of the aftershave.

In the spirit of a new financial year, the hope of ducking below bracket creep long since having been abandoned as my accountant repeatedly counsels, it's time to post some debits (or credits) or w/e they are called to the respective ledger. After that clearance sale at Shaver Heaven the other day, this months wet-shave expenditure has already accrued significantly, a very an "imprudent" start I'm sure fiscal types would say...

There is a split order here, part from Stirling (who kindly gave me an Island man sample puck and soap) and a rather confused Maggards order of which only the Castle Forbes has arrived - The CF Lime Post Shave milk and other items I ordered are still to be delivered - not sure why it was split sent, but there you go eh. The CF and the Sharp Dressed man are scents I will keep in the den for much warmer weather, I generally order my Spring/Summer supplies well in advance and usually in the middle of winter prior to them selling out in the UK (The CF Lime post shave balm was hard to source, but I found Maggards had 1 or 2 left).

KS3XpMX.jpg

* D.R Harris towel as an underlay deployed as I have yet to polish the kitchen table which is looking a bit shabby as I have run out of bees wax polish.

Last edited:

I ordered some of the Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns soap and Splash the other day, I've never used them before - and rarely use alcohol splashes so it will be interesting to see how they are.

I would have liked to have gotten hold of their 5 or 6 bottle sample pack for $50 or so but it was sold out.

From someone that often has typos due to using the swipe style keyboard on his phone, that is a wonderful example.

Oh no - my bad.
Cheers for the pickup, @eggbert. Not the first time that the damned autocorrect has nailed me.
Sorry for that @silver. It should have read "Ingredients". Having said that, maybe the Universe was telling me that I'm a greedy Bastard and to stop buying so many shaving products [emoji57]

Status
Not open for further replies.